Hi

I was just diagnosed (yesterday) with alopecia and am trying to figure out whether there is a connection between mono and Alopecia. I was diagnosed with EBV about two years ago.

Still trying to figure this thing out and a little frightened about whether I will lose all my hair or not.

Thanks

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well I read up on some websites and they mentioned that a viral infection can trigger AA so who knows??
As it relates to hair loss I've got 2 large patches that seem to be growing and one small one starting out. My doc prescribed bentovate and I just started using it.
My mom wants me to come to the states to see a doc there but I am convinced that there probably isnt anything else that can be done so that would just be a waste of money and time.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Hi Tamara,

Before becoming AU, I used to use Betnovate, which is probably the same treatment as the one you are currently using (products names changed from country to country. I am from Canada). I've always had good results.

You are right about not coming to the US, there is no need.

Good luck.
Diane

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service