well... im in colorado right now and i get to go home soon.
but my mom was talking to someone about alopecia.
people probably saw my bald spots and they were probably like "like omg..."

but anyways, my mom was talking to someone and they said that not eating cheese, milk.. all that dairy stuff could make my hair grow back. she said that dairy food/stuff/whatever does something to the scalp .

milk has something to do with the immune system and maybe it could have something to do with alopecia because alopecia is autoimmune or whatev? idk o.o
i dont really know if thats true.
i kinda doubt that milk can do that XD

maybe alopecia is caused by milk and stuff?... wow maybe it is... i dunno, now im just being paranoid.

so yeah... if anyone knows anything about this milk/scalp/whatever stuff plz reply :)

Views: 291

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's funny because I came across this thread while searching for more information about the link between autoimmune disease and vitamin D deficiency. There seems to be a fair amount of evidence that there is a relationship. And of course, the most common place for many people to get vitamin D is in supplemented milk. Well, after the sun, that is.

The theory as I understand it, is that there seems to be a link between prevalence of autoimmune disease in people who live in northern climates compared to those who live nearer the equator, where the sun's rays offer more chance of the body creating the required vitamin D. And the growing occurrences of autoimmune diseases in southern locales can be linked to more people working and living indoors and wearing sunscreen when outside.

And if I understand correctly, there is some evidence that some people have a genetic problem absorbing vitamin D at all (defective receptors), and therefore have a much more pronounced possibility of exhibiting symptoms of vitamin D deficiency.

Here is one of the articles I found: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_250/ai_n6112461/pg_2...
Actually, if you are interested, I just Googled "vitamin d autoimmune" and came up with a fair amount of info.

Of course, as we all know, vitamin D may not have anything to do with anything as it regards Alopecia. Or it may have a part, but not a significant part. I do know that I live in a northern city, tend to be a night owl, and usually wear sunscreen when I go out in the daytime. They say that about 20 minutes a day in a bikini (lots of skin exposure) in full sun with no sunscreen is enough to get your daily hit of vitamin D from the sun (unless it is fall or winter and you live in the north, in which case you just can't get enough from the sun at all; or you have naturally dark skin, which somewhat inhibits the absorption of the rays required to create vitamin D). I surely don't do even close to that, so I'll start supplementing, just to be on the safe side.

If nothing else Vanessa, you can pull up some of those vitamin D articles and maybe your mom will swing her crazy in the other direction and start howling every time she catches you not guzzling down milk by the gallon. :P
LOL yeah but i thought vitamin D was healthy o.o
she makes a loud screeching noise when she laughs.
it scares me.
i wanna videotape myself drinking milk to scare her XD
ok i will read that after i fix my computer .-
You know when my alopecia started 6 years ago it was right before my 3rd open heart surgery, I had lost some weight, and had started laying in a tanning bed for the first time like every other day .
lol @ yewr comment below this. yah i dont think stuff ppl eat causes alopecia. i'd rather be bald then not be able to eat ice cream x]
omg open heart surgery? O.O

wait does tanning give you vitamin D?
cuz does milk have vitamind D?
and isnt vitamin D bad for alopecia? o.o
idk x]
I haven't heard that either. I did hear from someone a couple years back that carbs could cause alopecia. They said excess carbs cause yeast to build up in one's body and this can lead to alopecia. I tried doing the low glycemic diet and I just got so light headed and didn't feel like it was worth waiting to find out.
LOLOLOL yeah i think its a little strange.
cuz my mom tells me i have to be out in the sun alot, for vitamin D, but milk has vitamin D in it, and shes not letting me drink milk cuz it has vitamind D in it.
she wants my hair to grow back but i dont want it to XD
LOL i kno i ate ice cream today when she was sleeping XD
im just gonna secretly eat dairy stuff while shes not looking, and a while later ima say "this not drinking milk stuff is not working" and then yah she'll probably let me drink milk and stuff againXD

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service