I have genetic androgenic alopecia from my father's side. I am 34 years old, female, mother of 2 wonderful boys. My hair texture has changed and gets fuzzier and curlier/thin curls that won't do anything. It's awful. It has not grown in length either in almost 2 years now. I have been to docs, derms, trichologists, you name it. Long story short, I'm now on EPO, spironolactone, and yaz. Have been on those for 2 months and just slight slight change in decreased shedding. I have spent countless hours mourning and researching. I'm going to the beach for vacation next week with my family and just dreading the outdoors fuzzy orangish thin hair in the sunlight, but oh, well. Anyway, hello to all, and I look forward to getting to know ya'll better. My profile pic is from a distance because from a distance and in the right light, I can make it look thicker and darker... :)

Views: 95

Reply to This

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service