I was wondering if anyone has tried hair extentions and if so what was your experience? Did they work?

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In a wig or on your own hair? If on your own hair it's not a good idea, it is often expensive and the weight of the extensions may make your hair fall out faster. In fact most places make you fill out a form asking if you have had alopecia etc and if so they do not recommend it. Hope that helps. Anna.
I want to thank you all for the comments. Now I really have some more thinking to do. Thanks again
Hi Gale. I have hair extensions in now and I do like them. I have them only around the base of my head, as the top of my scalp is very sensitive b/c of the type of alopecia I have. I really like them. They add a lot of fullness and are relatively easy to deal with. The drawbacks are: they are expensive (I paid $700 for mine) and you do have to go in about every 5 weeks to have them maintained, which is expensive. Maintained means having them taken out and moved up. As my hair grows (what I still have) the extensions have to be moved up or else those strands of hair are longer than the rest. Please know extensions can put some stress on the scalp/hair so I would absolutely talk to your doctor first. I pay close attention to mine. If my scalp starts to itch or burn, I have my stylist take them out in that particular spot. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, just let me know. I'm here:)
Hey all,
I lost all my hair and it started growing back about a month ago. I really hate this short spiky hair. I used to have long hair and I miss it loads. I was wondering has anyone used hair extentions after regrowth??
I really want some clip ins to wear now and then.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service