So just picture this....Usually in the morning and for work I like to keep a neutral simple look and I tie up my "hair" with a clip but when I go out in the evening and late at night I like to dress up. I wear nice clothes/shoes/accesories and handbag.Apply makeup.Beautiful violet/purple eyeshadow that make my green eyes stand out.Put on my favorite perfume.My nails are painted and I`ve got nail art too and I style my wig. I`m looking groomed and I start receiving compliments."how cute your nails" " how nice that top" but the most frequent comment HOW NICE YOUR HAIR.....People are hair obsessed,especially men.

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi

This is a good thing isn't it?? You have made an effort to present yourself how you like the world to see you and the attention you are getting is a positive response to your presentation. Hope I'm not getting the wrong end of the stick. I'm sure you look lovely and it sounds like you enjoy the process of presenting yourself - :)

The comments about your hair - well sounds good to me again. Is it not what you want?? Sorry I'm a little confused.

Rosy
Agreed. If you spend all that time on your hair making it look good, I'm sure others see that and hence compliment it.
Actually I try to make my wig appear non wig like as possible.It`s an obsession.It`s just people seem to notice nice"hair" or a new hairstyle more than other things.I know it may sound confusing but compliments related to hair make me sad:( and also at times I feel less feminine and less of a girly girl due to my AT
Oh I see what you're saying. Don't be sad! You are working hard at making your wig look great and it must look great to receive all those compliments. Take pride in that wig, girl!! To quote what you just said - it's an obsession...I seriously think that some of us alopecians do get hair obsessed...we think that others are obsessed with hair or are noticing our hair (or lack of) more than they really are. Don't be sad, chica. I'm sure you look fabulous - take those compliments and be happy!! :o)
Hi

I can understand that. My daughter didn't use to like a whole lot of attention based on her hair. This has changed over the last six months. She has two freedom Wigs. One is dark brown, the other blonde. She feels that certain outfits look better with each wig. I love this because she is embracing the fact that she has a choice and even though she gets questions, she has grown and decided that she's happy to tell all that ask that she wears a wig because she loves them. She feels she has the best hair in her school and when I look she does.

She has just had her formal for her last year at high school last weekend. I looked at her and thought wow - she looks so fantastic and so happy. That night she decided to be a blonde dressed in a silver dress - just beautiful. Her hair is not an issue any longer. It seems that the choice and the want to look good is universal and if you do - just embrace the compliments as they are meant.

Rosy

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service