Hey all,

Well today I called my doctor's office to find out what happened to the referral for the dermatologist that was suposedly sent in two months ago. Well they got a reply back from the dermatologist and they have an appointment for me on Dec 1st. I just about died. I told the receptionist that was ridiculous I would be completely bald by then so what is the point. She gave me their number to see if I could get in on a cancellation list. Well of course they are on holidays.... I am so frustrated right now. By that point my Alopecia Areata could be totalis... I just had to blow off some steam.......What do people do with skin cancer who are waiting....die? Think I will eat a huge piece of chocolate cake right now.....naaaaaa maybe the entire cake.....

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

with ice cream on top!
An entire brick of ice cream! LOL
It's hard dealing with doctors. When I first went to the derm, she made some comment that she didn't even know if any of the treatments actually worked. That reminds me of doctors diving antibiotics for colds (just to make the patient "feel" better). I mean, they don't even know for sure of it's an auto-immune thing, but they don't really explain that.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service