Does anyone have experience with Featherlite Wigs in Toronto? They look amazing but are pricey. They have a couple really nice looking blondes right now the pics are on Facebook. I am looking for a good quality HH in blonde that is not brassy or red. This learning curve is brutal!

Views: 4984

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The hair is amazing, very silky and smooth like a teenager would have. The density is a bit lighter than some other sheitel type wigs and I think that makes is look very realistic. I don't know what other cap designs they offer, mine is the basic style. They can do a lace front that looks amazing but I was told they don't last as long as they are very fine lace. I guess the fronts have to be replaced and with the blonde hair there is no guarantee that they will get that color again.

Follea looks interesting and they are in Los Angeles so not far but their blondes don't look that great to me. If I am ever in the area, I will go look just to see for myself.

Did you ever look at iWig? How were those pieces?

Hi there,
Ive actually just recently 2 months ago bought a wig from featherlight. It was my first wig, and I had no experience and maybe because I was nervous I found Isadore to be a bit pushy with what she felt like was right and it made me even more anxious. However, after wearing it I find it to be slipping a bit and the size to be not right, and have tried to contact her for a month already, and no response. Was just hoping to see how you were able to contact her

I'm so sorry you're having a negative experience Suz.  I have to say that every email I have ever sent her has been answered within a few minutes to a few hours.  It was one of the things that caught my attention about her when I was looking to buy.  It has been quite a while now since I purchased my wig and I am still in touch with her every time I have a question.  I have to say she has really gone beyond the call of duty for me.  She always made it clear that I can send it back as many times as I need to and actually thanked me for contacting her when I needed to.  I've found most hair vendors to be nice enough, but I have never been taken care of this well by any vendor before and I found her to be very down to earth and compassionate.  She even sent me follow up emails for a while after I received my wig to make sure I had all my questions answered about how to care for the wig and such.

Hey,

I've also had issues with contact, have been waiting a bit over a year after paying for a wig and was getting excuses initially but now she is just not replying. Not sure what to do - did you manage to get a response in the end?

Hi Smiling,

It's been 2 years since i've gotten alopecia, and since I've last written that comment, and looking back I have to say I had bought her wig but rarely wear it. Its true, the hair quality is good, but the haircut she gave me afterwards was not and I'm stilll frustrated today at the mislayering of the hair and how it falls in my face in all the wrong ways and so i have no c hoice but to clip it back on one side. Also, if in the case some do find her very responsive and helpful she must be very selective in who she helps out and who she responds because after her many promises of helping me out and teaching me how to wear the wig I never heard back - so I gave up and asked around and did my own research. I have to say it was a very poor experience for me and in some ways I didn't feel like I got the patience I deserved as a newly diagnosed Alopecia patient on my journey to find out ways in which to deal with my sickness and continue living my life the way I wanted. I still got the wig, but only wear it on the odd occasion when I go out because I have it all styled and curly so that I don't have to curl my other hairpieces. 

One outstanding moment that really defined Isadore's character was when I had requested a straight wig specifically that would dry straight, she claimed that the hair she was selling me was dead straight - and it was at that moment. Later after washing it once I immediately knew she had lied to me because it was naturally curly, still a beautiful wig in the end, but it was curly. Now I always wear it wavy because even after I straighten it with a hair straightener it becomes wavy again within a day or two.

Hope this helps. I think if you were an experienced wig purchaser and you were sure of what you wanted you could get high quality hairpieces, but if you're a first timer and would like someone to help you out she wouldn't be helpful in that aspect, especially if your the type that is unable to stand your ground about what you want.

Hi Bizzo I am just wondering do you still happy with your featherlite wig? I tried all the internet to see the cap but couldn't find any good picture of it. How much did you pay for your own. thanks sue.

Hi Sue, I don't know about bizzo, but my Featherlite is still in top condition. The hair is just as nice as when I first got it. The cap has stretched out a little bit, but Isadore said I can have the cap changed whenever I want, so I'm happy with that. Pm me if you want more info.

- Hairy
I bought my featherlite from Isadore last year. I have to say i am more than disappointed. When i first received the piece to inspect that hair quality i was very exited to see the final product. However, it is very annoying to wear as the hair in the front keep falling directly in my face and it's so thick in the front that it gives away that "wiggy" look. I've asked her to fix it yet no response. Which is another reason i have been more than displeased with this whole experience. She does not respond to emails which i read in other posts but didn't want to believe. But now i've learned the hard way after spending nearly 5K on a wig that i cannot wear. Before i purchased the wig she was great with replies but since i gave the money i must have emailed over 20x and no response. She also doesn't answer the phone on her website. I don't know how someone can do this to their clients.

Hey,

Has she been responding to you at all? 
I'm not sure what to do - have paid but not received anything :(

Hi Amya,

As I was writing above in my other comment I had the exact same experience with her. She hadn't been all that truthful about the purchase and when I spoke to her about my financial situation and asked for a small discount, she downright refused in an extremely rude and non understanding way. When her 3 year old son was home she quickly told me it was time she played with her son and that it was the end of our appointment although her son was just playing in the room with her. 

She also promised a lot of things prior to purchasing the wig - including teaching me how to style the hair, giving me the whole set mannequin with pins etc etc so that I could bring home the wig as a first time wig purchaser and know how to wear it immediately. However, after i purchased the wig she said she would charge more if she was to teach me how to style my hair and that I had to physically hand over the money in cash before she would show me how to wash my hair. I find it ridiculous and all it tells me is that she's purely money driven with no compassion for her customers. When I asked her for the mannequin afterwards it took her another appointment to give me one (I had to hang my wig on my lamp meanwhile) and she gave me an older one that had obviously been used for a while. Now that I'm purchasing my second head mannequin I found that it literally costs $5 and probably less for her. 

On top of that there were many other instances where she had blatantly lied to my face just to get me to purchase the wig, which I had mentioned above in my other comment. 

Because I was newly diagnosed to Alopecia, the experience I had with her made my condition seem even worst and even today I wish I hadn't spent 3k buying my wig from her. 

I have tried synthetic lace wigs that suits my need. I have no such experience with that kind's of wigs yet but you can try these my best selected hair wigs. High grade synthetic lace wigs. http://www.wigsbycc.com/

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service