My husband has AU for 22 years now. In the last year he has noticed his nails are becoming brittle and he has now almost lost his thumbnails. We have noticed also, that he is starting to get it on his other nails. Is this a problem with Alopeica???

Views: 858

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In April, I began to loose my hair and within 2 weeks, it was gone. I shaved what was left, and it continued to "wipe off" everytime I touched my head. About 2 weeks after shaving my head, I noticed the white moon at the nail bed was reddish-purple (bruise color). The redness moved up the nails until my nails were all loose. I lost all of my fingernails, and they have been slowly growing back. Derm said this was the alopecia, ordered another course of prednesone, which did not seem to help. I am putting on an over-the-counter nail hardening polish and it seems to help. I may try the biotin...

This is my problem now too!! my nails are brittle and splitting and since I am a health care worker I have to use hand gel which does not help!!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service