I am looking for people out there who were born with alopecia. I was, and it seems like life has been a struggle for me. I still haven't learned to cope with having alopecia. I never knew there were web sites like this. I am hoping to find people who really understand.
Jessica

Views: 276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Jessica, yes it is hard I am a parent of a child with AA. I think she may have had her first bout at 5 but, definately at 7 because of the bald patch and diagnosis. She now is having major shedding, she is taking it well and she just recently got a fall piece and she loves it. My fear is not knowing what happens next. I cry after doing her hair, I usually go into my bathroom and lock the door so she cant hear me. I end in prayer for the lord to help me cope. She is now almost 10 and for the most part she is a happy young lady. I have gotton more info from this site than I have her derm.
It's comforting to me, as I hope it is for you.
Alma
I wish the best for you and your daughter. I know how difficult it is. However, On July 4, 2009 I finally revealed myself to the world and haven't worn a wig since. I must tell you, I have never felt so free in my life. If I had only done this sooner. How much easier would my life have been? Jessica
HI MY NAME IS TINA I'M37 YRS OLD I STRATED 2 LOSE MY HAIR ABT 10 N12 IT I WAS BALD EVERY SINCE AND IT'S STEAL HARD 4 ME IM NOT GONNE LIE TO U I CAN'T TAKE IT OFF I HAVEN'T GOT THERE YET IM NEW 2 THIS SITE 2 IM NOW WEARING LACE FRONT I LKE THEM BUT THEY SO EXPSIVE DO ANY ONE KNOW'S WHERE I CAN GET THEM 4 CHEAP LET ME NO .
hey jessica,
my name is stephani, i am 18 years old and was born with alopecia, so i totally am here if you ever need to or wanna talk, just message me,
i know what you mean, it seems there are times i hate it, and time i am liek its not that bad

hope to talk soon

peace&love
stephani <3

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service