Hi all.  Wondering if anyone out there has had success with coconut oil for regrowth.  I have been doing acupuncture for about 3 months now and had not seen any results for my alopecia (I have, however, seen drastic results for other things like my sinuses, mood, and energy level).  In any case, my acupuncturist told me to try applying coconut oil to my bald spots (I chuckle as I say "spots" as I only have one tuft of hair left so it is essentially one huge spot). :)  So I have been applying organic coconut oil in the morning and before bed for about 2 weeks now and I definitely feel a little bit of peach fuzz in a few spots.  I don't know if it's the acupuncture or the coconut oil (or even a combination of both) but I think things are definitely happening up there and I wanted to share my experience and see if anyone else has tried the oil. 

Views: 26130

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Monica I will check it out! :)
Someone in a kebab shop once told me to prick the bald areas with a needle then rub garlic onto it.

Needless to say I tried it

haha!  like I said, we AA sufferers will try anything! :)

JEN!! It's crazy I just read this and my mom actually got me hooked on coconut oil this week. I haven't tried it in my head yet, but plan too. I lost all my hair May 2014, and in July found out my husband and I were expecting our third munchkin. Between hormones and hair loss it did a number on my skin. Just based on the results I have seen on my skin alone in literally a weeks time, as soon as I get my skin calmed down, I'm going to slather that crap on. What's the worst that can happen, my hair falls out? To late :) anyways Pinterest has great info for the types of uses. My hands are always sore and dry, cracked, nasty since alopecia, this stuff works wonders as cuticle cream and helps heal your hands. ( also the best mascara remove ever used in my life, still have my lashes!) I am sooooo not one to to be a infomercial type endorser, but I don't care how or why it works, it's worth the 10 bucks. I've got non hydrogenated organic coconut oil, same size as a jelly jar, it was 8 dollars at the grocery store in the baking isle. My mom who doesn't have alopecia, uses it at night on her face, she'll be 60 this year, and I could actually see a difference. Sun spots were lighter, skin looked smoother. We are fair skinned, blue eyed, blonde hair, dutch girls,for our skin type, it's been the best!

Hi BB4B!  First let me say that I love your enthusiasm and humor.  :)

It's funny because I am equally as gung ho on coconut oil for all of the things you mentioned.  I only posted about using it for regrowth but I am also using it on my face (which took a bit of convincing by a friend as I have very oily skin and couldn't believe something that goes on so oily feeling could actually lessen the oil production on my face.  But it has!)  I also use it on my hands and body and it's the best.  In the winter my hands get so dry and cracked but I've been using it as hand moisturizer and my hands are so soft.  I know you can use it in cooking instead of regular oil but I haven't tried that yet.  If you do try it on your scalp let me know if you see results.  Because I'm telling you...things are happening up there!  Happy New Year!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service