I've had alopecia since September 2008. Lately I feel like my autoimmune system is completely out of whack.

For those who have other autoimmune issues, how soon after getting alopecia did they surface? What do you do about them? Diet? Supplements? Exercise? Acupuncture? Thanks!

Views: 284

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can kind of relate to your son here in his desire to not have hair, een after there might be a cure. I have been a proud bald woman for alot of years now, and honestly, I don't know what I would do if my hair started growing - perhaps shave it all off again. :)
Aimee, i was diagnosed with hashimotos disease in 2007. I only went to the dr. because my hair was falling out. I was hoping once i started on levothyroxine the hair would stop falling out, not the case. It continues to fall out daily. I have a cousin who has hashimotos and she has not lost her hair. I just dont understand. I too, feel like you that my entire body is just turning on me and completely out of whack!!! The dr's. dont care either!!!
Hello Aimee,
I can relate to having other autoimmune issues.
Aside from experiencing Alopecia (I will never call it suffering!) I also have rheumatoid arthritis, gout, thyroid disease, vision loss caused by autoimmune issues and metabolic issues.
I did a complete overhaul of my lifestyle last year and have seen a few changes, lik weight loss and less gout (I drink less beer and eat less meat these days).
I feel like my energy level is better than ever, as I have replace all food in the a.m.'s with green smoothies - for me personally, this has helped my energy level, my weight loss and my ability to focus more. My arthritis bothers me less and I take less painkillers because I think the exercise, plus the boost in energy has changed the way my body deals with it.
I have also had shiatsu massage, which I found beneficial, and my masseuse actually suggested trying acupuncture, too.
Anywho - hope this helps!
I am taking tons of vitamins, exercise, prayer, and rest. I have tried chiro, hypnosis, homeopathic drs, etc. to no avail. I would definitely try acupuncture, but can't find it in my area. My autoimmune issues include? A.S, hypothyroidism, psoriasis, and diffused alopecia.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service