I'm just curious about this. Lots of women seem to be mentioning wig glue and wig tape for their wigs and that they use it every day. I've occasionally used tape for special situations ;) but usually just throw the wig on with nothing. So I'm curious, do other folks just wear the wig with no tape or glue?

Views: 10784

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I rarely use tape -- only if I know I'll be particularly active.

When I take my kids to amusement parks, I take these small motorcycle goggles.  They fit in my jeans pocket, and hold my wig on through fast rollercoasters.  I actually have two goggles -- one in clear and one in sunglasses.  They're about $10 each on Amazon.  For waterslides, I just wear swim goggles.  I just put the goggles on when I get on the coaster, and take them off when done.  It's better than tape.

I have AA and I just hate the tape -- it's a little hard to wash off, and I prefer showering in the morning, but with tape, really need to shower at night. My wig doesn't really fly off so the tape isn't necessary most days.  

For biking, always a helmet strapped under my chin.  I don't ride motorcycles.  I don't ride in convertibles.

Oh how I wish I could use glue or tape! My skin is so sensitive even bandaids made for babies gives me a rash. I use nothing under my wigs. I have alopecia areata so I do have some stubble on the top of my head that acts like velcro with a monotop. If I lose that hair too I'll have to add a velvet wig grip

Most gals like the little extra security of keeping their wig on, and opt for something that will do this - like tape or glue.  I know I'd be embarassed if my wig fell off while getting a hug or just walking in a strong wind.  

Besides tape or glue, there are wig clips, wig caps, wig grips, and silicone pieces.  I'm totally bald and have silicone sewn into the front of my wigs and different things in the back nape area.  Since excessive sweating causes silicone to slide and wig tape to let go, I have to try different solutions.  I can't keep a wig or a wig grip down at the nape because of head shape, so opt for glue - like It Stays or Got2Be Glued.  You really have to experiment and find what is the best solution for you.

Hi Colleen

Follea has a wig called Gripper active. The interior cap perimeter is lined with medical grade silicone specifically placed for a secure fit, so you don't have to add tape/glue and it will still stay on.

Yes, Follea wigs are supposed to be wonderful, but most of us have a hard time justifying $4k for a wig when you can get a high quality human hair one for $800-$1k;  a silicone cap that makes you sweat, but the sweat has no where to go just isn't for me.

And, there are some of us who don't want to mess with curling and styling hh.  I love synthetics because they hold their curl pattern, and you can just plop on your head and you're ready for the day.  They're also very affordable so one can have a variety of colors and styles.

I'm going to suggest that you join some of the facebook groups for hair loss.  Those gals know all about wigs and how to wear them. 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service