I feel like everyone has an opinion more so those who do not have Alopecia, one person told me "I don't like you with wigs it doesn't look natural, so don't wear the wig, there's no reason to cover your head if people don't like the way you look that is their problem" another comment I got was "Why are you wearing a hat, stop shaving your head or the hair won't grow back"

I don't mind advice but, sometimes it can be a little much. To me my wig is my hair. The person who told me he didn't like wigs seems to be the one with the problem as I haven't had any other discussion about it except positive responses.

Any thoughts???

Views: 295

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Chris, what you said is what I struggle with every day! I like what I look like better with hair( wig) but I feel I am betraying myself of who God has made me to look like( myself) I don't like this struggle! It's been way too long! 23 years

BLee.... what would you tell a friend who just had a mastectomy due to breast cancer? Don't get implants even though they'll make you feel like you look more normal? Or someone who lost their leg or arm or other limb, and are doing great wearing their prosthesis .. don't use one because... GOD made them look that way???  no no no. A loving God wants us all to be healthy and happy and He created woman with a beautiful head of hair. God did not give you alopecia. Human imperfection is to blame. I am so sorry you have had this "struggle"  --- it's okay to want to look like people without alopecia... people with growth hair. 

In your case, I say:  Get the best wig you can afford and wear it without any sense of betrayal. The God I serve is a happy God and wants us to be happy. If a wig makes you happy, God is happy too!! 

BarbaraK: I just realized you posted a photo of yourself. I think you look super cute with that hair do! It doesn't even look wiggy (at least from the front.)  A good color for you too.  I re read your post and I think you summed it up with this:

"to me my wig is my hair"

me too!

I just looked at all the photos on the NAAF site... so many people, kids, teens, older ones.. some with wigs. some without.  What really stands out?  THEIR SMILES.  you have a great smile also. So put that wig on and smile away!

To me my wig is my hair.like wigs new human hair wigs

Hi Barbara. I'm new to the site and had to chime in on this. When it comes to the opinions of others about what does or does not look good on me, I have come to trust basically 3 people - my sister, my best friend, and of course myself. My husband not so much...he's nice and says yes to everything, not always super helpful. I have another friend who always feels like she has to give advice but it's so annoying because honestly imo she looks like crap most of the time. Trust the people who know you best - the people who know how YOU prefer to look.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service