Made my "bold bald debut" today at the 2nd Annual Oakland Jazz Festival!
Overall it was a positive experience--thanks to those who made me feel beautifiul :D Even drew some positive attention from folks I didn't even know.

Was hoping to get a good tan but it was a balancing act ensuring "tan not toast"--it was soooooo HOTTTT out there!!! (But you don't hear any complaints from ME after my ranting about the 60-something degree weather last week do you?)

Was going to take some pictures but I left my phone in the car.
More tomorrow. About to go pass out now. :D Sweet dreams and melodies.♥

Views: 72

Replies to This Discussion

Aww that's great!

So today was Day #3 of public bareness (I didn't go out yesterday)and already I've been asked twice for my phone #/contact info. Go figure! :D

Well, today is Day #5 of my going bare-headed and the worst reaction/response I've gotten so far
has been "What happened to you???!!" which came today from one of my clients whom I've not
seen in some time, and who does not have internet access.
I was only slightly annoyed and didn't even respond.

Interestingly one of my real life and FB friends, a 76 year old male, saw me last night at an event and said he knew it was me from the back of my head.:D I asked him if he'd seen my photos on FB and he said he had--he'd not commented on it though. Last night or this morning he "Liked" my profile picture. :D

I'm still trying to decide what's more preferable--a negative response or no reaction at all.

I've not seen my neighbor who lives directly next door yet, and I'm a little anxious about his initial reaction, but not too worried. I'll just be glad when everyone has seen it for the first time and get it over with! *o*

Well done Ms. E! You should be proud of yourself. I am still digging the courage to 'go public'. But I hope it's soon as I am disliking the wig more each day.

Themba, when you finally do. I promise you. You will feel so liberated! You are stunning!

Thank you so much. I am a bit frustrated, because after my first shave a week ago, I have developed bumps and small rash on my head. It's not showing any signs of going away. Has any one ever had this problem? How do I get rid of them? Please help..

Being a "newbie" at this also, my understanding is that the "razor bumps and burns" can come from either too much pressure applied on the scalp with the razor, and/or shaving against the grain which creates ingrown hairs. I also read somewhere that it should go away after a week or so.
Hope it's getting better. Does it feel painful or irritated?

I had a few bumps in the right lower back area a couple of days after my initial shave, but not bad; and after reading a suggestion here, wiped with alcohol, after each shave.

Tomorrow might be another story though as I've been using an electric shaver but took a razor to it tonight. So...

Thanks Ms E. Yeah, they are sore and itchy. I did use alcohol after my shave, but perhaps i should have used it for a couple of days longer. Last night I bought myself a shave bump gel, so I hope it will help....

So how's it coming along???

So far so good--no bumps.
I've razor shaved twice now and am actually liking the results better than the electric shaver--I could've saved my money. ):

It's weird to go from wanting to see hair to being bothered by seeing it! :D

I was so desperate that I threw in an aloe vera gel and witch hazel:). Within a couple of days the bumps were gone #relief. my hair grows so fast, so i need to shave this week and i am praying that there will be no bumps this time...

I shaved again last Friday and good news - NO bumps [so excited] :). And on Saturday I took the first step towards publicly going bald-headed. I went to a ladies fellowship gathering (about 500 gals) without a wig or a hat on. Afterwards, my sister, friend and I went to one of the busiest malls in town for lunch and a movie. There were moments where I was uncomfortable, but most of the time I even forgot I was bald:). This has been a huge step for me, I now just need to pluck up enough courage to go bald for good.

Thanks to you AW friends for the encouragement...

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service