Hi There- After struggling for years to find good quality euro toppers I am thinking about shaving my head and buying a "Gripper 2 Sport Wig from Follea". I was told today at my consult that you can sleep in these wigs. Just wondering if anyone on this site have a Gripper Sport and do they sleep in it?
Thx Sarah

Views: 5911

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Lillybell

I'm don't feel it is appropriate to discuss integrity issues of another company. You may like to contact Andrea Klimaszewski as she has had experience of this situation first hand and she may be able to pass on information that would be helpful.

I also need to make it clear that I am an advocate of freedom vacuum wigs. I look after people in New Zealand who wear this type of wig, so I would suggest I am a little biased as well. :) I don't help people outside of NZ but I am very knowledgeable about this particular wig type. (This is very clearly stated on my page).

I guess my bias is based on my experience with my daughter as well. She has worn this type of wig for 10 years. I believe if you wear a hairpiece and like it you will become bias...but information is still required and I feel it better if it is from people that know the product they are discussing.

Feel free to message me with any questions.

Rosy

Hi Rose marie,

I have asked that LilyBell contact me by email. If you would like to contact me directly call 850-712-3369 or email cwestgb@aol.com. We are getting ready to evacuate due to Hurricane Isaac.
Carmen West

Hello LiyBell,

I have cut and style Freedom pieces as well as PKS vacuum and Follea Grippers. My goal is to make you look & feel the best you can in whatever piece you chose; never get the "look" from those who do not know you wear a prosthesis. If you want to see some pictures of ladies wearing Freedom or Grippers email me at cwestgb@aol.com.
Carmen West

Hi Carmen

I think Lilly is trying to understand your affiliation. Maybe you could clear that up for her.

Hi Carmen

I think Lillybell just wants to understand that you sell Follea Gripper's as well as cut and hairstyle wigs etc.

KEEP SAFE!! Hope the Hurricane isn't too horrendous!!

Rosy :)

Carman, you may want to rethink what you are telling people about the Gripper and it being 100% Eurpean hair. I was told this back in January of 2011 which is why I purchased it. It took 5 months to come in, kept getting the run around on it, and when it did, the tag said Remy/European hair. It is not 100% European hair. When I called to ask about this, I was told the tag was wrong and to go ahead and highlight it as I was told I could do. It does not highlight well at all. My hairdresser called immediately and then I was told that to much surprise by "the owner" at that time, she had no idea it was not 100% European herself and had been selling them for a year and a half that way. Really? How can you sell a product for a year and a half and have no idea the hair is not 100% European? And also found out that the Grippers cannot be made with 100% unprocessed Eurpeaon hair and that they are unable to be highlighted unless using some pretty harsh straight hair bleach. Has something changed since then? It has also ripped terribly on top and because I don't have the money to be fortunate enough to have 2 high dollar wigs, I cannot send mine in for repairs and had to sew it myself. And I will tell you, after the issues I had just trying to get my gripper, being misguided on the quality of hair (which, I will admit, is still undoubtedly a ton better than the synthetic wigs I've worn), I'm scared to send it in for fear it won't come back right. If you have any insight or help with my unfortunate situation, it would be great. But, unfortunately right now, I've had a horrible experience with this. I know not everyone has, but I do find it hard to believe that others have not complained about it.

Please give me a call at 850-712-3369 I am evacuating due to hurricane Isaac. I would like to respond. I am a hairdresser and I have not had any problem perming, color high/low lights since I have been working with the gripper. We will be in Tifon, GA this evening.
Please call, Carmen West

Hello

I'm not sure where Rose's reply has gone, but it was explaining the hair in her follea wig. Just so people know I was answering somebodies input rather than just going off on a spiel on my own lol.

Rosy

That's really interesting but terribly confusing for me.

Hand selected (virgin hair): is totally unprocessed and can be from any ethnic race - is that right?

Premium Hair: Is hair that has been dyed by the original owner (the person who grew the hair) is that right?. How do they grade this hair, and how do they mix it? What does it mean to the end wearer? This hair is processed with nobody knowing how much processing has been done on it. How do you know what the original wearer used to colour it what chemicals etc.??? It could be a terrible problem if you needed to colour it yourself. How does this hair fade? How do you maintain it.

European hair: Cuticle removed and coloured. So this is fully processed hair... right?, which would equate to it originally being very dark - then processing it to the required shade and removing the cuticles. Which causes major issues for the longevity, beauty and wear-ability of the hair. Why on earth is it called European hair. That is so confusing for the end user!

World hair: Is that any other type of hair to suit the ethnic background of the wearer (Caucasian hair, Asian hair etc etc), is that right? That name really makes sense to me. :)

Remy/European hair: sounds like the description you gave for Premium hair...right?

So many names for processed hair! It's confusing and difficult for people who don't know anything about hair. I hope this is helping as even I'm getting confused. :)

I take it each type of processed hair has a different price point and different attributes (longevity, dullness, breakage etc).
I feel people want to understand that more than all the different descriptions and names.

What does the different types of processed hair mean for the end user. Do you know Rose?? Carmen, as a Follea Rep you must understand these descriptions and what they mean?

I really appreciate your post Rose as I think it will help a lot of people around the confusion that is processed hair....:)

Rosy

Hi Rose marie,

Please give me a call at 850-712-3369 or email me directly at cwestgb@aol.com

Hi Rose Marie,this info from Holly at Follea. Just to make sure I am giving you right information.
Hi Carmen,
The physical labels on our wigs include a long and unique serial number, starting with FL, that allows us to authenticate and trace all Follea pieces (unless these sewn-in labels are deliberately removed). The labels do not describe the hair, but please rest assured that our Gripper hair is 100% European human hair, remy - meaning cuticle correct hair from ponytails. Follea publishes this information publicly and catalogs stating this are downloadable from their website.
We do gently cuticle remove the hair in-house in small batches, starting with European ponytail cuticle hair, and double drawn for consistent hair length. We only remove the cuticle so that it can be hand-tied on lace, including the Follea natural lace-front design that also does not require gluing down. When we hand-knot the hair on lace we leave a return hair of about 4" that gives more volume and natural height to the style. (Return hairs are the shorter of the two hair lengths created from the knot). It is extremely important that we smooth the cuticle from these return hairs as the cuticle is naturally barbed and would cause matting and tangling if lying in opposing directions, even on great quality European hair. If you were dealing with a machine-injected hairpiece it would not have returns and therefore this knowledge may be new to some people.
Vicka, our head stylist, colors and highlights them all the time both with and without using a bleaching agent, depending on the effect needed. Definitely she does not ever need to use straight bleach. That is why she teaches training classes for care, color, and cut; because hairstylists often lack the training or experience working with fine European hair wigs and hairpieces.
Bottom line: The hair 100% European human hair and Follea is known throughout the world for its hair quality. It can be colored, within reason, by a trained colorist. We would recommend colorists who have attended our training, specifically.
Thanks
Holly, Technical Educator at Follea.

I am thinking of getting a Freedom wig. At this time I wear a topper I got from Amy Gibson(which is beautiful).What do you recomment I wear between the time I get measured and the time I would get the Freedom? I thought about Follea but they are sooo expensive! I need fine blonde hair right below the chin.

Thanks, Kay

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service