Hi There- After struggling for years to find good quality euro toppers I am thinking about shaving my head and buying a "Gripper 2 Sport Wig from Follea". I was told today at my consult that you can sleep in these wigs. Just wondering if anyone on this site have a Gripper Sport and do they sleep in it?
Thx Sarah

Views: 5911

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Carmen

For some reason I can't answer your post directly so I have to do it after mine... Not sure why.

Just read through your answer and thanks for doing your best to clarify things. I believe Rose was given the information she has put here from her Rep\Salon. So education around the hair may be lacking in some way or there may be miscommunication. But she sounds a very knowledgeable lady with regards to her Follea Wig and the information she was given.

Remy Hair...another confusing term used in the wig industry. I've researched the names origin a few times and have to say there is many different descriptions around it.

European hair...again I just don't like the term as it confuses people. What does it mean?? Does it mean that it is sourced in Europe (I doubt it), I believe that most people that understand wigs and information around hair would understand it to have the inherent qualities of those with Caucasian background (mid, light browns, blondes and reds and the curl patterns to go with them).

I fully understand hand tying and how it is done. (I'm a wig lady as well, with a lot of knowledge around this). Return hairs on hand tied pieces can be potentially difficult to deal with ... so you do have to process even 100% virgin hair with this method of attachment. It has inherent problems around doing this (all processed hair is weakened by being processed no matter how you do it). As you will understand as well Carmen, you have to be very careful with water (any water activities), washing and conditioning with this type of wig construction. The pouffiness around this attachment method (for me) is not as realistic looking as I like, I also don't like seeing the little knots, but some people do enjoy this type of hairpiece. Knots undoing and untying can often cause continual shedding. I believe most people who have knowledge around wigs will understand this method of hair attachment... usually the hair does need to be processed as unprocessed hair will tangle as you have pointed out (so processing takes place to stop that happening). This method of attachment has been around since the 17th century. A very time consuming process that is often done in China/India/Philippines as most 1st world countries would make this attachment method prohibitive cost wise for the consumer. Even though there are some small boutique wigmakers in the UK (especially) who continue to use this method. I would think that most wigs on the market use this type of hair attachment method, mixed with wefting (strips of hair sewn on a hairpiece). The grippers I've seen have both types of attachment methods used in its construction, but I believe the more expensive customised piece can be fully hand tied. It is a construction type which suits the fashion industry well as it is very cost effective to make so should have a price point to match.

Machine injected hair...I've seen wigs like this as well usually the cheaper type (mono filaments), but this has inherent issues as well. If anybody has a wig and understands this type of construction it would be great to get their input. Even though I've seen these type of wigs I have not investigated fully the exact method used.

Just to help you understand Carmen and other readers, Freedom uses neither process because of the problems associated with both. When using the cap construction that I understand, there are no return hairs and the hair is very securely attached to the hairpiece (no shedding), you can wash and look after the hair like your growing hair (in the shower if you like). The scalp looks exactly like the wearers scalp and the attachment method used lets the hair move and react exactly as growing hair does. I have never seen another wig with the construction used in a Freedom wig...it is unique and technologically advanced. (Many years of research have gone into its innovative construction and continues as we chat :)). It is specifically designed for those with long term extensive hairloss. It is not a fashion item but what I feel is a medical prosthetic for those with medical hairloss only.

Carmen...how are you, has the storm passed and have you been able to keep safe??

Rosy

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service