Do you guys think this is diffuse alopecia areata? My parents and my doctors think I am absolutely crazy. My dermatologist told me there is no way that I can have alopecia areata in a diffuse pattern and that I must have alopecia areata in one spot and then telogen effluvium and to go to an endrocronologist.

I've attached some pictures. Yesterday I rubbed my eyebrow and 11 eyebrows fell out. I shed a lot of hair every day in the shower, and I only have that one patch which has not grown in size.

The hair is drier than usual and hard to manage.

Views: 247

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi

Getting a diagnosis is really not the issue here is it?? The reality is the diagnosis won't effect you...hairloss will. At this time when I look at your piccies I see a young man with a good head of hair. I don't know if you have alopecia or not (if your patch of loss has not grown I think you may be fairly safe). If your hairloss becomes more extensive you will know.

If you do have alopecia areata - there is no answers for you as to what is going to happen, there is no cure at this time and no way of giving a prognosis for how extensive your hairloss may be.

Looking at you, it seems that at this time you have a good amount of hair. It may be sensible to leave this now and get on with life. If it gets worse then come and say hi.

Hope this helps.

Rosy

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service