For those who don't know, the paleo autoimmune protocol is a special diet that helps with autoimmune diseases. I was wondering has anyone here with AT or AU tried this and had any success? Was it hard?

Views: 2829

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was on AIP for 2 months. I have AU, with some regrowth that occurred beginning of this year. Aip was pretty hard especially first month, second was easier. However, i didn't see much difference with regrowth:( . After 2 months, I have added eggs and nuts and I am still following that type of diet( almost 4 months total) and it is still about the same. The little hair I have on my head is not falling off but there is no new growth... Nothing on eyelashes or eyebrows....

maybe theres no new regrowth bc you added the egg...maybe

The paleo diet is a nosenso all studies demostred that meat cause inflammation, so it ridicolous think you can cure whit a diet that say you to use meat 

I have had AA for almost 2 years now. It started as a few patches then went to about 25% hair loss. It completely grew back to 100%, this all with no change in diet or lifestyle. A few months later it completely fell out. I noticed it was really bad after a night of heavy drinking. That was about 18 months ago and I switched to a full paleo approach 6 months ago. I have had full regrowth but was just mostly peach fuzz and in the last month since adding omega 3 eggs to my diet i have noticed alot of pigment returning to my hair.  I was not strictly 100% paleo for the whole 6 months. I had a few nights out of drinking and probably 10 days worth of cheat meals or I would more than likely be experiencing better results. In the end, I am happy with the regrowth. I FEEL WAY better, played some of the best sports of my life. I am still self conscious about not having hair. I know it will get better and its a tough hard battle. Keep your head up :) 

I have always wanted to try the Paleo diet for AU. I have lost all my hair all and if I have to change my lifestyle of eating I will be more than happy to learn more.or if.you would.like.to join with me together and sharing meal ideas. I have read a lot about this leaky gut. Read Eat Dirt it will tell you all about the auto immune and eating I would love.to hear more about lifestyle changes to promote hairgrowth.

It was abit tricky at first. I keep my meals VERY simple.  I just cook meat (chicken,beef,fish, or pork) add only salt to that. Then alot of fruit and vegetables. Recently just added eggs in. I followed The Paleo Approach: Reverse Autoimmune Disease and Heal Your Body

Book by Sarah Ballantyne
I would probabaly have 100% regrowth if i didnt fall off the wagon a few times. But now i am committed to following it through and getting it done. 
I have been doing a lot the same as you did... also ate lots of chicken broth... I have some regrowth but in last 15 days it slowed down dramatically.. I feel good so I will keep doing it..
I am glad it is working for you!!!
Thank you! Keep at it!!! Mine slowed down for over a month with like no growth and now it has picked up pace again!!!
But what if it's grass fed meat, no hormones or antibiotics, non GMO...

Has anyone experimented with marijuana?  My AA started during a stressful time in my life.  After 5 years it's now AU.  The stress in my life diminished some, but still exists.  I'm thinking pot may help.

Hello all. I was diagnosed with AA in 1996. Over a yr ago I decided no more modern medicine & old ways of thinking, I was exhausted & felt like a guinea pig with no clear answers. I read Epi-paleo rx, the prescription for disease reversal & optimal health writen by Jack Kruse which was recommended by my pyschologist. The book inspired me to look into a more holistic approach for healing. I went paleo, organic, non-gmo, limited my oil intake replaced with ghee. Changed my lifestyle. Took up yoga & meditation. Started respecting my body's circadian rythems, I wake up to natural light & not man made blue light. I take lots of vitamins daily, with coconut water mixed with organic apple cider vinegar & pink Himalayan salt. I have not had any bald spots in probably over a yr. I estimate around April of 2016. Since before 1996 I haven't not had a bald spot some where on my scalp until now. Prior to 2016 I had already switched my shampoo, conditioner, body soap, laundry soap to a cleaner chemical free or natural based cleaners. I now have set a goal for myself with natural sun blockers as well. After 2016 I switched up my tooth paste & deodorant as well. I also am mindful of my water intake & it's ph level. I am more aware & in tune with my body & it's needs with the help of a chiropractor & some acupuncture.

I do get off track occasionally & could always discipline myself harder, but these changes seem to balance my endocrine system well & if my spots return I will discipline myself more. So far, I'm pretty confident I've found what works for me. Good luck to you, I hope you find what you are searching for. ♡

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service