I have alopipicia had have had it for many years, my focus has been on finding what's causing it rather than "treatment". I think without finding the root cause than I'll never find the cure.

All of the research I've done points toward chronic infections( things like Lyme disease, fungal/yeast overgrowth , parasites etc)and heavy metal toxicity as the root causes , with heavy metals being primary and infections being secondary. How many members here have silver fillings in their teeth? They contain and leak mercury into the body round the clock. Also how many have co existing health problems (mental or physical , in reality they are one in the same )

Various allergies , depression , anxiety , panic attacks , fatigue , lethargy are all symptoms of these issues as well. I'm interested to hear members health histories and backround info. When did your alopecia start? Did anything change in your life before this like diet, stress, illness , dental work, vaccinations etc

Putting the pieces of this puzzle together might be easier then we think if we all get on the same page. A big thing for me was realizing alopecia was a symptom of a problem in my body , not the problem itself. Let's find out what the problem is ...

Views: 1977

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

of course not. scientist found that the genes with Alopecia is the same genes that cause vitiligo and rheumatoid arthritis.

Alopecia areata is genetic.  Scientists at Columbia University published a large study on this some years ago, and it has been the subject of several subsequent studies.  Scientists are working on using this genetic knowledge to develop ways to predict the severity of an individual's AA course and, eventually, to halt AA.

http://newsroom.cumc.columbia.edu/blog/2010/06/30/genetic-basis-of-...

You realize that chronic infections and toxin exposure mutate a persons DNA right? If you have any chronic health condition (that wasn't caused by physical trauma i.e. A car accident ) than you have infections and toxins , or your parents did . Studies done on genetic factors are conducted with the goal of RX drug dependency.

And as far as me backing up what I've said with concrete evidence goes , there is a wealth of info out there. I didn't read 1 single study and say "here's my answer!" , Ive been studying my health for years and have seen countless doctors and these are the things I found to be true. I have gut imbalance , a fungal problem , Lyme disease and heavy metal toxicity. Those are facts. I also have a minor case of vitiligo, when I address these issues my alopecia gets better, if it was genetic it would t change at all. I've mentioned already the dilemma with the CDC and the FDA and the financial power that the large pharmaceutical companies have over these agencies . It's people like you that keep this corrupt , fraudulent system of symptom management based healthcare going... you are screwing yourself and deterring others from recovery with your blind faith in conventional western medicine.

And again, hardly anyone has answered any of the questions I've asked, let's start with you Stacie . do you have any other health conditions , mental or physical going on? Big or small? You on any medications ? Any food allergies ? Do you have silver fillings in your teeth? Any cognitive problems, ever feel foggy? Anxiety , depression , mood swings ? Any gut problems ? Issues with yeast or bacteria ? Skin problems besides the alopecia? Etc
Forgot to add, what's your lifestyle like? Diet? Exercise? Stress? Alcohol or drug consumption? Go thru any major stressors before onset of symptoms?
No Matt it's people like you and fake doctors that you believe in you are killing medicine. You guys already killed any chance of low dose naltrexone being researched extensively by any kind of reputable scientific organization. And low dose naltrexone looked very promising for treating alopecia and other autoimmune diseases. Who would want to be associated with quacks and frauds like Matt? When you are confronted with facts you just claims its all a big conspiracy planned by all of us medical professionals: nurses doctors researchers and scientists we are all out to make everyone sick and unhealthy so we can reap massive profits. Yep you caught us buddy boy.

No, Matt, chronic infections and "toxin exposure" (which toxins?  You don't even know which ones) do NOT just mutate DNA automatically.  This isn't comic book science.  DNA mutation -- particularly DNA mutation that reaches across multi-generations, geographic regions, etc. -- requires quite a bit more than what you think.  

You still can't cite any of your sources.  Not even one.  There is not a "wealth of info out there" -- there are blogs run by quacks and by conspiracy theorists like you.  Why should anyone believe a thing any of that or what you say?  You have shown little to no understanding of biology, genetics, or how a scientific hypothesis becomes a scientific fact.  There are lots and lots of steps in between hypothesis and fact, and you are willing to skip all of them because of your unexplained, ill-defined, and frankly harmful distrust of "traditional" scientific endeavor.  So long as something fits into your limited belief system, you are willing to go along with it -- you are clearly not willing to get the education or put in the work to test any of it out in an evidence-based context subject to high-level scrutiny or duplication.  

Adherence to evidence-based science and scientific method has advanced our knowledge of the human body and the cosmos.  Science -- the traditional, conventional kind painstakingly formed over centuries of study and effort -- has been a wonderful thing for humankind.  Pseudoscience -- the kind to which you subscribe -- has only ever harmed humankind.

Your sources of (mis)information do not follow any regimen of scientific method and do not subscribe to evidence-based science because it would take too long, likely not show results to back up their hypotheses, and deprive them of the "wealth" of vulnerable patients willing to pay for unproven and expensive treatments.  Turn your scrutiny and suspicion on your sources.  What are their motivations?

Also, Matt, you still do not understand that there are different forms of alopecia, with different causes.  You continue to lump everything together and you continue to think that all alopecia can be explained and/or solved by your unscientific method of gathering and misunderstanding anecdotal data.  That's not how science works.

Plenty of people answered your questions.  You just don't like their answers because they don't fit into your ill-formed hypothesis and because most of the respondents are unwilling to go down the dangerous road of pseudoscience.  (But some people did -- you got at least two invitations to Facebook groups full of people like you.)

Please answer the health questions I've asked of you Stacie , I was diagnosed lyme disease and fungal/yeast overgrowth by infectious disease M.Ds at uconn health center in CT. When I started addressing these issues my alopecia started getting better , that's proof enough for me of there involvement .
If you were diagnosed with Lyme disease and fungal yeast infections than you should have been treated with antifungals and antibiotics. That's the end of that. You no longer have any it.
That's bullshit, if you have undiagnosed Lyme for any length of time treating it is very hard. And taking prescription antifungals made me sicker than I've ever been and shut down my liver , and I still have these issues. Heavy metals go hand in hand with this stuff and that's what makes them so hard to treat ...

Why should I disclose my health history to an untrained non-professional who subscribes to quackery and junk science?  What are you going to do -- diagnose me?  You have no credentials or training to do so.  You are completely without any ability to diagnose anyone.  You have "schooled" yourself on junk science and have been going around the boards here diagnosing people with all of the things that you think YOU have -- namely, fungal/yeast overgrowth, heavy metal toxicity, blah, blah, blah.  

No matter what I say about my health history, you will say that my hair loss is due to one or a combination of your fad pseudoscience theories.  If I say I don't have Lyme Disease, heavy metal toxicity, fungal/yeast overgrowth, etc., you will just tell me that I DO have one or more of those things -- because that fits your narrative.  A narrative that you continue to refuse to substantiate by citing any of your sources.

So why tell you anything about my health at all?  Why on earth would I invite a diagnosis by, of all people, someone that I think has demonstrated a very obvious lack of understanding of the basics of genetics, biology, medicine, and scientific method?  

Further, the mere fact that concomitant symptomatology may exist alongside hairless does not meant that all the symptoms -- or even some of them, or even any of them -- are related or that they demonstrate causation.  I don't think you have any understanding of the difference between correlation and causation.  

You say that because you started some treatment regimen for fungal overgrowth and/or Lyme Disease and your AA has improved, you believe that there is involvement between the two.  That's possible correlation.  It does not show causation -- i.e., that your fungal infection and/or Lyme Disease caused your AA in the first place.  

Also, the fact that you were diagnosed with some or all of your many ailments at the University of Connecticut is is not some "get out of jail free" card that allows you to bypass citing your sources.    Not to feed into your paranoia, but quacks are everywhere.  There are quacks at UConn -- for example, in the Functional/Integrative Medicine program.  

And once again -- as in all of your posts -- you demonstrate a fundamental inability to understand that there are different kinds of alopecia, that there are different causes for different types of alopecia, and a fundamental lack of understanding about alopecia areata.  I'm glad that your areata has dissipated for the time being -- but that is all it is: for the time being.  Areata tends to return, that's a hallmark characteristic of it.  You haven't found a cure.  Gathering anecdotal information is interesting, but you do not have the means or knowledge or training to find the cause of any type of alopecia or the cure for any type of alopecia.  Get yourself to a college and take science courses so that you can learn about the scientific method and how genetics and biology actually work, or donate money to good organizations like the NAAF so that they can fund solid, honest research.  

Why do you refuse to answer my questions about your health ? You don't have a picture up or any personal info , What are you afraid of?
I'm not representing pseudoscience or quackery , nor do I have any vested interest in alternative or holistic healthcare. I'm just a guy with alopecia who was looking for answers. I know for fact that the cause of my alopecia is rooted in the infections I have , my gut function and heavy metal toxicity . I'm not here to debate stances on science or healthcare , I shared this info in hopes of helping other people that have alopecia like me. Some of you are taking what I'm saying as a personal attack, I'm assuming you people work in the healthcare industry . Try for one day to disregard the things you've been taught and correlate your symptoms to the things I've mentioned, do some research on reputable message boards of people who have these issues and ask them about your symptoms and make some adjustments in your life and diet accordingly and you'll see what I'm saying is true. If these things causes my alopecia then there is a good chance they may have caused yours...

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service