How many times have you had alopecia throughout your life?

I am curious to see how many time you have all suffered alopecia and when it first started for you. Just interested in the different experience everyone has. I would love to hear your stories!

My story: I am currently 19 and have gone through two bouts of alopecia, one when I was 18 (and it fully grew back) and one at the moment.

Views: 4193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had it once around the age of 11 and now I am completely bald! If anyone has any news or suggestions let me know!! Please add me as a friend ! Thanks in advance

I've had alopecia since I was two and I am 39 now. I have AT. I have hair where I don't want it!! Hair on my legs grows more in the summertme. Nothing more than peach fuzz my head, so I usually just shave my head.

In response to Savannah G. I know I'm a little older(46). But I felt the same way you about trusting people. My alopecia started as a grown woman (27). I am now 46 and I just really started telling people who are close to me about the disorder. But I know your a teenager and teenage girls can be mean if they want to. There's groups of girls who sticks together. As you can see there are lots of us who have this problem. If you have one good friend confide in her. Just know your hair doesn't make you who you are as a person. Ask your mom to try Human hair wigs for you, they last longer for me. I used to wear synthetic but it's a better buy for your buck. I know that the Alopecia may can mess with your self asteem a little. You'll be ok.

well, for me it began about 15 years ago (when I was 3). It never actually "stopped" or "came back" it changed types though. It started as alopecia areata, then went to universal, then to totalas, back to ariatia, and now totalas. haha im sorry if my spelling is off!!

Hello from germany :)

The first time, i had alopecia ( universalis) i was 13 - it took 2 years and then it grew back :)
Now, i`m 25 and it started again- it`s alopecia totalis right now... So i had my hair back over ten years and i`m convinced, it will regrow again :)

Hi Laura !
I have had scarring alopecia for nearly a year now & I'm 42. It's caused by some other condition that I'm waiting for test results for. I still have probably 60-70% of my hair, but wherever it spreads to it's not coming back, ever. I take each day as it comes....

I experienced my first occurrence with with alopecia when I was 30. By 33 and a half I had suffered several mild cases before my most chronic one. At 34 I lost almost all my hair and most of my eyebrows and lashes. I just turned 35 last week and I have an eyebrow and a half, a few lashes, and peach fuzz on about a third of my head. Ironically I still have to shave my legs, armpits, and bikini areas. . .

Hey, I'm 32 years old and had never experienced any symptoms of alopecia until march of this year. It started as a small patch but within a month my whole head was almost completely bald. The onset was very sudden and aggressive, I lost hair in my beard and mustache as well...After research I decided to try an anti-inflammatory/ gluten free diet which I've been doing for 5 months or so. After a month on the diet I began to see white hairs regrowing which soon began to thicken and change my natural color. I continue to see improvement and now have the original bald patch and a few thinned out areas. I even quit shaving my head and just keep it buzzed now. The weird thing is that I'm so used to a bald head that I almost prefer it! As a man, I'm sure this has been easier to deal with and can't imagine the toll it takes on women! I have found so much support on this site and just want to say thank you to everyone who shares their experiences and ideas with one another here on Alopecia World!

Little late on this discussion,sorry. I am 63 and have had alopecia 3 times. First time I was about 26,recently married,I was devastated.that lasted about 6 yrs. Second time,36 yrs old,that lasted about 10-15 yrs.Iwas good until April of this year.Started slowly,but byJune almost 2/3 of hair gone.Some is groeing back,but still have 3 large areas that are very bald.Hope I don't have to wait 10 yrs.

And if the origin of the hair loss was caused by the removal of alien spacecraft? .. We elected .. we removed every day ...

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service