Hi All
I'm new to this forum. Can't believe I never found it before. I have permanent hair loss from Taxotere chemotherapy. Yep, it happens. I did regrow about 25% of my precancer hair, but it does not cover my head. I'd actually prefer it had all stayed gone. I've had numerous medical tests done, scalp biopsy, and tried probably every product manufactured. It's been almost 3 years and this seems to be how I'm going to be for here on out.

I had permanent makeup (eyeliner and eyebrows) done about 2 years ago. I'm very happy with that. I also have lash extensions which are fabulous but require maintenance. I have 6 synthetic wigs that look really good and I get many unsolicited compliments on my "hair". I also often wear hats. I keep my hair really short (pixie like) and have some fringe showing when I wear hats.

All of the above fixes work, but I'm really hoping to find a better solution - probably for wigs - and emotional suppot. Platitudes run amuck "just be happy you're alive" (I am!) "what do you care what other people think?" "I wouldn't let it bother me" (oh, yes you would), "your wigs look great" (they do but they're wigs) etc., etc. With my cancer diagnosis, I reeived the best support and advice from others who had been there and I'm hoping this will remain true with my struggles with hairloss.

Glad I found you.

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi

Welcome to alopecia world. This is a great sight to read through and find people and products that can help.

Take care.

Rosy

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service