I was diagnosed around october 2014 with alopecia,I been using Clobetasol Solution 0.05% and Rogaine for women, and nothing seems to be Help, The doctor was concerned because I have multiple bald spots,she told me normally the body realize that It's making a Mistake,but for me it's not and it's still attacking my hair, so she's recommending the injection and I hear positive and negative about this treatment, what are your thoughts on this treatment if you had it done.

Views: 1807

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It might be, although other than very mild tenderness at the injection sites. I've never experienced any other side effects. I have never been told about other side effects by my dermatologist.

yeah my derm told me about 4 side effects, that made me a little scared =/ but I been hearing many good things so far, part of me just doesn't care anymore, but the other feels like I should try whatever my derm throws at me , ughh =[

I would try the shots especially if they are localized injections. They go just under the skin so I always thought that the likelihood of side effects was minimal. Plus I think it is the treatment that seems to work best of the common treatments. I've gotten the periodically since I was 12, 33 now and never seen any real side effects or long term issues.

have u got check for pcos? if u don't mind me asking,because the same was happening to me with the periods and they told me I had pcos =/

Im sorry to hear :( I have an appointment March 26th I believe so we'll see how that goes

What do guys think about the cortisone Pills and injections. Are they about the same or is one option better than the other by how it works and side effects?

I'm not sure right now I haven't taken any of them I only tried the solution and the ointment so far nothing

Everyone is different, but the injections didn't help me at all.  After a few rounds my scalp became indented although they plumped back up after discontinuing the treatment.  Neither Clobetasol nor Rogaine worked for me either.  I had about 17 spots on my head, some very large.  Right now I am on Chloroquine PH 250 MG, 1/2 tablet daily.  All of my hair is growing back!  Good luck!

yeah I completely understand I'm just going to try whatever I possibly can to see what works I'm very grateful I could hide it when I put my hair up but then againI feel like I'm hurting my head more cuz I have to put it in a tight bun so I'm constantly getting headaches
It probably is tough to do that all the time. Remember even with the shots it isn't immediate. Also your head will dent where the injections are. That is because corticosteroids reduce inflammation.

There is a cosmetic product that I used to help hide the spots and its great for updos.  Joan Rivers Beauty, A Great Hair Day.  Alopecia is one of those things that you have a lot of trial and error.  

Hi Coni,

I found that the injections were very effective for the hair growth when i had patches. But as the alopecia spread and i lost all my hair they were no longer an option. One thing i did find for me is that when i stopped the injections the hair fell out again, but everyone is different.
It is uncomfortable but i would Definately advise you to try it because it did help me at the time.

Hope that helps :)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service