I just looked through some online choices, but since I go to real shops to try on synthetic wigs, I'd like to know ahead of time if any of you have opinions about the coverage and tie-on quality of these wigs:

Noriko: Carrie
Gabor: Invitation
Dream USA: Crystal
Estetica: Michelle
Aspen: Malibu
LL Britany: Look of Love
Louis Ferre: Michelle
Henry Margu: Savannah, Danielle, or Glamour
Raquel Welch: Salsa, Tress

Also, do you know if any of these dulplicate the blond-with-brown-roots look I have been wearing in my shorter wig? Thanks.

Views: 1889

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Karen, do you normally wash your new wigs before wearing?
Hi, Ktownnana!

I do typically wash all my wigs before I wear them. I also wash them after about a week to 1-1/2 weeks of wear. It just depends on how they feel after wearing for the week. I typically cycle through my wigs on a weekly basis. I wear each wig for a week, before rotating to a different wig. Right now, I am cycling Jade, Reese, and Ease. I do still wear my Noriko Claire, but not as much as she is getting a little old (5 months). The nape is a little tangly underneath, so I suspect I won't get much more wear out of her. I did just purchase a hand-held steamer though and am going to try that to see if I can smooth those fibers out and get another few weeks out of the Claire.

Speaking of mid-length wigs, the Noriko Claire is a great little wig. Of the wigs that I have, the Claire is the one that consistently garners compliemnts! I have it in Raisin Glaze-H, which is a fun color if you like reds. It's lighter in tone than Auburn Sugar, and you can't be a wallflower in it b/c it really stands out. I would purchase Claire again, either in the Raisin Glaze-H, Auburn Sugar-R, or one of the darker browns, like Coffee Latte.
Thanks for showing me the hairline. I had never seen one of these close-up. Not too bad!
I agree... you look fantastic! :-)
Thanks, CV!! I really appreciate the compliment!! :)
Hi Tallgirl,
Just in my opinion, Gabor I find is the best brand ever, they are extremely natural looking I have 2 of them and they are fabulous!! they are expensive but durability is amazing:)
Thanks, ladies!
TG, I love the Gabor wigs as stated by Lisa-Lynn Marini. My very first wig was a Gabor. I have the Gala in blonde, brown, and red. I just wish it has a mono top. I just don't think you can beat a monofilament for a real look. I also like the rooted colors too if a monofilament is not an option. Good luck on finding the perfect wig!
I just called around to my local wig salons, and found out none carry Jaclyn Smith, Dream USA., Estetica, Aspen, LL Britany, or Louis Ferre. I may be able to try on Noriko's Carrie and Gabor's Invitation. Henry Margu and Raquel Welch can be found here, but it looks like only my same style or the Carrie come with the rooted color I want. Since I won't buy without checking the dye job, coverage, sewing quality, ear tabs and smoothness (no wild hairs sticking up), I guess I am a bit limited! Good thing I am only doing this for times when I leave the house. I don't sleep, garden or cook in a wig: my last wig has lasted a whole year, and is still in passable condition!
Okay, I tried them on and liked RW's Salsa, Tress and Breeze (my current wig). All come with my rooted colors, and are under $150.
TG, gonna buy all 3? I love the Breeze on you.

I ended up with a brunette Salsa and a blond Embrace (uncurled as yet) to add to my blond/rooted Breeze. Now I have variety to match my moods!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service