Since I have already posted a Music Therapy blog (feel free to add to it)...let's go for the movies one can rent for indoor viewing now that the weather is changing. Any good recommendations on spirit-lifting flicks for alopecians? Things that inspire professionally, personally, or socially? Maybe some of us will invite friends or loved ones over to GET A CLUE from these movies....

Tell the basic theme of the movie without giving away the turning point or ending, perhaps listing top actors or year the film came out.

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think Global Acceptance and just getting us to that Feel Good Place is more like the goal. I have talked to rj and Cheryl and the phone, and they are quite fun and real! They have already found a way to transport alopecians across mountains, plains and oceans...sort of...
Actually, I was raised on Hair (the album, then live stage production) years before the movie.
Tunes are kind of irreverently catchy, no?

I would just like to say that it is my conviction
That longer hair and other flamboyant affectations
Of appearance are nothing more
Than the male's emergence from his drab camoflage
Into the gaudy plumage
Which is the birthright of his sex

There is a peculiar notion that elegant plumage
And fine feathers are not proper for the man
When ac---tually
That is the way things are
In most species.
Hmmm, Let's see... I looooooooooove the notebook too! I also like scary horror movies because I am so busy being scared that i forget all about my hair ( for the time being anyway)!
Loved the formal dance part...and the look on the dad's face when she was about to leave the house.
If you want some laughs, I'd recommend anything with Madea (Tyler Perry's character). I love "her" attitude. :) My favorite would have to be "Diary of a Mad Black Woman". The theme of the movie is infidelity/divorce/revenge.

One of my favorite quotes from the movie is where Madea is talking to Helen and says, "You can get it one of two ways. You can get it from his checking account voluntarily, or his insurance policy -- involuntary manslaughter. Which one is it going be? "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl_rSbcEW4I
There is a third way: Becoming successful and happy in your own right. Best revenge, ever...hurts no one, multiple gains for oneself.
True, but it's suppose to be funny! ;) If Madea offered that third option, she just wouldn't be the Madea we all know and love. :)
Then again, Tyler Perry ain't doin' so bad...
"The Guitar" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0942891/

"The life of a woman is transformed after she is diagnosed with a terminal disease, fired from her job and abandoned by her boyfriend. Given two months to live, she throws caution to the wind to pursue her dreams."

On one hand, it again put alopecia in proper perspective for my life. On the other hand, it again made me look at myself and ask why I'm still putting stuff off. There's never going to be the "perfectly right" time for anything, so what am I waiting for?

Loved it. Especially since I'm trying to learn bass guitar right now. ;)
Powder
Just saw the last part of Powder on TV this morning. Wow. Too bad AUs don't have that zapping power for bullies...
Great idea! Norm beat me to it, I was gonna say GI Jane...Demi Moore looks so TERRIFIC in that I was so jealous!!

One I recently watched, Letters to God!!! Caution: Tissue alert, but a MUST SEE!! : A young boy fighting cancer writes letters to God, touching lives in his neighborhood and community and inspiring hope among everyone he comes in contact. An unsuspecting substitute postman, with a troubled life of his own, becomes entangled in the boy's journey and his family by reading the letters.

Two thumbs up CaliforniaGurl!! I love that movie: DIary of a Mad Black Woman!

The Notebook, also one of my favorites. Yes, I am a chick-flick fanatic :)

Also, one of my fav: Step Mom: A terminally-ill mother has to settle on the new woman in her ex-husband's life, who will be their new stepmother,Julia Roberts, Susan Sarandon and Ed Harris

Thanks Tallgirl, now I have some new movies to add to my MUST SEE list!!! Great idea!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service