Since I have already posted a Music Therapy blog (feel free to add to it)...let's go for the movies one can rent for indoor viewing now that the weather is changing. Any good recommendations on spirit-lifting flicks for alopecians? Things that inspire professionally, personally, or socially? Maybe some of us will invite friends or loved ones over to GET A CLUE from these movies....

Tell the basic theme of the movie without giving away the turning point or ending, perhaps listing top actors or year the film came out.

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You were watching TV movies this weekend, weren't you? Me too! They always put those tearjerkers on for Sunday, don't they?
Erin Brockovich: Based on the true story of a twice-divorced mother working as a low-level secretary at a Los Angeles law firm, a chronicle of a woman, without a law degree, who takes it upon herself to fight powerful corporate forces. Hired out of sympathy after her lawyer lost her personal injury suit, Brockovich stumbled upon the cover-up involving contaminated water in a small desert community, while working at the small law firm, Julia Roberts, R for language
It's a great motivator for standing up for something to help others!
Also provides a great roll model to get dang sassy after a divorce.... :)
"Amelie" (2001) is my top recommendation for purely making you feel good. It doesn't have anything to do with alopecia, and it's been awhile since I saw it, which was long before I lost my hair. BUT, I remember just feeling so HAPPY after seeing this movie. In fact, I went out and bought the soundtrack because for a number of weeks after seeing the movie, just HEARING the music would give me those "happy" feelings I had when I was watching it.

I really should rent it and watch it again now, almost 10 years later and as a bald woman, and see if it still makes me feel so good.

Mary
Loved the gnome idea in that movie! I need to put ME around the world like that! ;)
Up: The sweet message left in the adventure book touched my heart. The picnic scenes remind me of my early delight in the California hills. Having been a tomboy, I totally get her.
These sound like some great movies. I think I'll have to go ahead and get a NetFlix account.
How can we forget the movie that addresses almost every kind of difference: Shallow Hal ?
Well, TG, you seem like an intelligent, well-adjusted female (ho, ho), and so I'll assume that couldn't possibly be a rhetorical question, and you really do want to forget.... therefore, either join the Foreign Legion - or alternatively... look deep into my eyes.... nyahahahahaaa!!

Fortunately for mankind, I believe they're not now gonna do the sequel, Deep Hal. Tee-hee!
Get those eyes in front of mine, and I promise I will look! Will I be hypnotized?
similar to (and written by the same writer), I just saw the new movie "Morning Glory". It's predictable, but uplifting. I felt good when I left the theater.
More favorites: Funny Girl, The Goodbye Girl, French Kiss. All feature women who feel rejection and end up as winners.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service