Since I have already posted a Music Therapy blog (feel free to add to it)...let's go for the movies one can rent for indoor viewing now that the weather is changing. Any good recommendations on spirit-lifting flicks for alopecians? Things that inspire professionally, personally, or socially? Maybe some of us will invite friends or loved ones over to GET A CLUE from these movies....

Tell the basic theme of the movie without giving away the turning point or ending, perhaps listing top actors or year the film came out.

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, yeah: Monsters vs Aliens. I saw it while watching my grandson, and realized we can all become a Susan!
How about Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta, she shaved her head for that one. Some favorites of mine are Under the Tuscan Sun and Julie & Julia, and since tis the season a christmas favorite in our household is The long Kiss goodnight.....I know not your usual typical christmas movie :-)
Haven't seen J & J yet, but loved Under the Tuscan Sun for its "starting over" theme, and for the idea of gettiing what you wish for in surprising ways. My holiday faves: The Holiday, The Family Stone, About a Boy, Bridget Jones's Diary. Ya gotta love outrageous sweaters!
loved under the Tuscan Sun...made me want to pack up and move to Italy =-)
Some others I watched this weeked of relaxing

Murphys Romance
The Notebook
Second Hand Lions
Julie and Julie
Good movie I saw this weekend...The Blind Side...nothing to do with alopecia...just being able to rise above ones circumstances with a little help from good people.
Another good movie is Life is Beautiful with Roberto Benigni. Italian film with subtitles. It will make you laugh and cry
Mouth to Mouth with Ellen Page is a really good movie ... it's partly a drama but it really help me with the acceptance of me shaving my head ... so here you have a copy-paste review XD

"A teenage girl becomes involved with a cult -the radical street collective SPARK: Street People Armed with Radical Knowledge- while she is living on the streets of Europe. They introduce her to an amazing and radical life as they travel towards the vineyard compound that will be their home. Manipulation abounds and Sherry comes of age realizing that individuality has its costs."

well, that review doesn't sound "spirit-lifting" , but it really could be to a lot of people ! so just give it a try :)
Not a movie, but see the episodes of Samantha shaving her hair off and getting into fab wigs...all styles and colors...on S and the City (American TV series). It was during the last season of the show.
For the younger set, see Shrek (the first one) and Tangled, both Disney movies. Think about where true beauty and personality exist in each person.

Teens: Go online to find Johnny Lingo's Eight-Cow Wife...or, at least read the original story online.

Guys: Check out Powder.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service