I have read up about a few things that are supposed to work for hair regrowth, so I am going to start my own personal trial.  I have tried the pharmacy held stuff years ago with little help, so now Im going to try the following:

1.  Hot water

2.  Onion juice

3.  Aromatherapy oils

4.  Massage (plain and with a massage oil)

5.  Meditation

6.  Self Hypnosis - a bit like meditation and reported to have good results.

7.  Visualisation - imagining I already have a head of hair.

8.  Affirmations - repeated saying positiive statements (my hair has grown back).

9.  Self spiritual healing.

10.  Adding more dairy products and eggs.

Yesterday I did massage without any oil, visualisation, affirmations;  today Iv done hot water twice, affirmations, tonight I will do the massage, visualisation and meditation.

I have a note book to write down what I do each day, and each trial will last 31 days. 

At present I have a little hair on my head, mostly at the back which I shave off, no eye lashes, few eyebrow hairs, no arm, pelvic, stomach, back hair, with some hair on my legs and under arms.

I'll let you know if anything happens.

PS My photo was taken today.

PPS  Just found another on You Tube called Balayam, so I will add that to the list.

Views: 1899

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hello I am chasing your trials and learning new methods.. good luck and keep writing..
Thanks for your support!
Hi Everyone

Just a little update on things you might want to check out.

Monistat Vaginal Cream is called Daktarin in the UK and Australia. Its ingredient that does the job is Miconazale Nitrate. Apparently someone with Chemo hair loss has used it and its worked for them after about 2 months application. Theres you tube videos on it, so I wont bore you with the details. It can have side effects so make sure you research it properly first.

Im looking into Aromatherapy remedies which look very impressive for hair regrowth, if I find a concoction not already mentioned elsewhere (see Aberdeen Infirmary Study and Melanie Von Zabuesnigs AU recipe), I'll put it in. The four essential oils Im looking at, at the moment are Bay, Cedarwood, Clary Sage and Ylang Ylang, which have all got hair growth and treatment for baldness in their discriptions (Lee and Lees book of practical Aromatherapy).

Iv started trails on the hot compresses, only problem Iv found it does make my scalp very dry, so I may have to stop it early, but Im only on day 4, so will wait and see what happens next.

A lot of those at the Long Hair Community, use various oils to help hair growth, including castor oil, Virgin Olive Oil and its counterparts, and Coconut OIl.

Its well worth your time just looking at hair websites, as a lot share wonderful tips on natural hair treatments and those used for hair growth.
Just a little quick update:

Iv been doing a trail with just hot compresses for the last 8 days (along with proper nutrition, meditation, massage, visualisation etc). About three days ago I also began to include my eyelashes and brows, the later were already showing fine white hairs my lashes were very sparce or non existent.

Iv just checked, I have definately got lots more white hairs coming through on the scalp, and also new eyelashes coming through, although they seem mostly on the bottom lids (dont know why that is). I keep on getting eyelashes that turn into the eye, so Im watching them closely.

Ordered Iron Supplements for next week.

The only worry I have is that my growing stage may stop before I can do all my trails, since to do a good trial it should be a month long. Others may wish to stick to this, but I may just wack everything in to give my system a boost.

PS: Im wearing satin scarves all the time, and sleeping on satin pillow cases.

PPS: Iv not noticed any other hair regrowth (ie arms etc) where Im not doing the compresses.

PPPS: Forgot to add the water compresses were drying out my scalp really badly, so I added some Aqueous cream/soap to it, used it and my scalp was a lot better.
Added an Iron Supplement today, to hopefully boost the hair regrowth.
I have noticed some nasal regrowth. Yippppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! A gawd send as I suffer from heyfever asthma. I have begun to use vaseline on my nasal canal for the pollen, I know vaseline is supposed to help eyebrow and eyelash growth.

Thought I better recount what Im doing, for myself as well as you all, following this:

Internally:

Eatting Spinach three times a week (a very large handful), its raw in a salad, which includes lettuce, watercress, swiss chard and avocardo.
Have potatoes twice a day, with roast pots (finished in sunflower oil) once a week. I also eat a lot of carrots.
Apple and porridge (Ready Break/oats) for breakfast every day, with a break I have fruit and yoghurt with Rye Crispbreads, butter and lemon or lime marmalade/jello.
Iron Supplement on the day I dont have spinach.
Yoghurt two or three times a day, lots of meat and poultry with meals.
Nettle tea and peppermint tea throughout the day.

External;

Hot flannel compresses ( I try to do them twice a day every day, but its not always possible).
Massage the scalp with just fingers, and also the eyebrows and eyelashe areas.

Meditation (I try to do once a day):
I imagine Im on Star Trek Voyager (as Im a big fan) and the Dr is scanning with his little machine healing my hair. You could always change this to any situation, but make sure its very relaxing.

Another I do is to imagine I have a hat put on with healing cream on it, it seeps into the scalp and heals the follicles, or anywhere you put it.

Hypnotherapy
If I dont meditate I try to do self hypnosis. Its worked out about once a week so far. Sorry I cant tell you how this is done, if your interested find a qualified hypnotherapist to teach you how.

Visualisation
I just imagine I have very long healthy hair, I dont even think if or when, I just know its growing back, and I will have long healthy hair, never to be blighted by AA/U again. I have a positive mental attitude and a committed decision.

Another thing, which I dont know is important or not, Iv begun to try and sing along with my favourite music while clearing up my space.

I also check my hair every day, so I can see if anything is going on. I dont really recommend this, as it can be a bit hard on the emotions. You need to be a really strong person to do this, and also have a very good light over your mirror, as it doesnt always show up even in day light.
i have heard that putting urine on your head can help. good luck!
Urine I believe is a sterilsation method, so Im not sure how it would work. Thanks for the suggestion I will note it in my journal.
I heard that newborn baby's (who is nursed) urine works for hair falling...
Tried vaseline on my eyebrows and it just made them sting really badly, so washed that off.

Iv started to react to Aqueous cream, so Iv got a few others to try. Today I have started on Neutrogena face bar which has a wierd drying effect when you use it, but makes the skin feel good afterwards (just used on my hands so far). I also begun to use Boots own Aqueous which seems to be ok. Iv got a coal tar bar to try later.

Iv ordered some Biotin supplements, Aloe Vera Gel, Acidophilus capsules and Lemon Essential Oil, so hopefully once they have arrived I can experiment with them.

The iron supplements just made me have pins and needles in my tongue, strange reaction, so I wont take them again unless someone can explain why that happened.

My nasal hair is continueing to grow well, my eye lashes are mostly coming back on the bottom, rather then the top, but some are curling inwards (I wonder if a deficicency can cause that).

Some of my new scalp hair growth has fallen out, but it seems more is growing, so not sure what happened there. The scalp is still itching in certain areas but is dry (another reason for a good soap to use).
I know that meditation and visualization has helped me quite a bit. (coincidence is possible, I suppose, but if you don't believe then for sure it wont work) Every night before I go to bed, I think of my head as a chia pet over and over and over again, just sprouting beautiful, thick and luscious hair. I have been doing this for about 4 months and only have three spots the size of a penny and the hair growing in is actually thicker and darker than my natural was. Good luck!!! Nonetheless, you are very beautiful=)
Thanks for the complement.

I visualise myself with long thick healthy strong hair (about hip length).

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service