Hello Fellow Alopecians,

I am currently shopping for my first wig and need advice. I have lost more than half of my hair and it is shedding more than ever, it is only a matter of time before I need a wig. I went to a Follea rep last Sunday and I am really not a candidate for a topper since I am shedding so rapidly. Since I do have hair left, my rep recommended a Follea gripper cool. She said we can sew combs in for security then remove them when needed as the hair continues to thin.

I tried on a few, but she did not have a piece with my density and color, so it was really difficult to imagine. She is ordering one to my specifications so I can try it on before I shell out the money... I am sure you all know the price of this brand.

I am not really concerned with the price, I just want to be comfortable in it and purchase a top quality, realistic piece.

Does anyone have experience with Follea? I am not opposed to other brands, it just appears that Follea is one of the more desirable brands out there.

Thanks for your help!

Jen

Views: 1194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Neve... I saw Stacey also! I am in the Chattanooga area. She is really great, wow small world. Anyway, she has ordered a piece from Follea to my standards. It won't exactly be my color, but it will give me an idea of what it's going to look like on. It shipped yesterday and I will more than likely be seeing it next Sunday. If I like it I have the option of purchasing it and going home with it. I am curious why yours is taking a month?

Jenbissness,  It is taking a month because I took an extra small cap and Follea didn't have one made.  We tried the small which could work but Stacey said it wasen't perfect and for the $ I wanted the best fit possible.  Stacey has really made me feel better .  It is a small world. I live in Crossville. Please don't hold that against me!! Moved here in 08 from NC.  Still haven't adjusted so I'm in Knoxville about 2xwk.  Chattanooga is very nice.  Let me know how your new hair works out.

Nave... Did you receive your Follea? What do you think? I am going to a studio in Atlanta this Saturday because I can actually try on several Follea pieces. I was very interested in the Lifestyle piece, Stacey was going to get one sent so I may try it on... Unfortunately, Follea is under new ownership and will no longer send products without purchase. It was just too much money to spend to take a leap of faith! The Atlanta studio has a luxury piece that I can look at which is comparable in construction to the Lifestyle. I also received scalp biopsy results which revealed chronic TE and mild FPB, so I won't be needing a Gripper which put me at square one with my search.

Jen, I still have not received my wig!  I spoke to Stacey (thru email) yesterday and she said a shipment should be in next week.  I've been talking to Amy (Created Hair). She is sending me a piece next week to check out.  I've talked to her several times (by phone).  I like that she has gone thru this mess, she isn't pushy, doesn't speak poorly about other brands, etc...  She will send me a piece to check out construction, color, density and fit. I send it back to her with my input.  I feel Stacey really wants you to be happy which I'm sure most wig dealers do.  I know I will need several wigs so I'm still looking and hoping the Follea comes in soon.  Let me know how your trip to Atlanta goes.  I'm glad you got your bx back.  At least you know what you are dealing with now.  Looking forward to hearing about your trip to Atlanta.  If the Follea wigs turn out bad, please start your post with "sit down Nancy, you may need some wine" !

Amy is really nice, and really helpful.  What I really could never get from her is the exact price.  I wasn't aware she would send anyone a piece to see and check out and allow you to send it back.  It was my understanding that everything was just pay for the wig and what arrives is what arrives, and I am then stuck with it.  That is why I never really pursued it further.  It also seemed that I would have to invest more time that I had then to getting this purchased, ordered, shipped and on my head.  Please keep us all posted about what you might be getting from Amy. And what the price is.  The Follea is just out of most people's reach cost wise.  What color is the hair you are getting?  My other concern of course is how they will hold up after washing countless times, and I guess a large concern is just HOW HOT they will be?

Lexi, I think I ordered light coffee?  It has been so long I'm not sure now. I know we had discussed possible highlights but will wait until I see it.  I will keep you updated.  In regards to Amy... she has been great.  She was going to send me a wig to check out but I explained I was having foot surgery next week and she said to wait and get the surgery over then she would send me a wig to check out after we talk at the end of next week.  Amy volunteered that I should not rush when it comes to deciding on a wig so I do appreciate the fact she is not pressuring me.  I know in talking to Amy that she likes light wigs so that we agree on.  I can't handle hot or itchy.  I got an estimate on her price but it depends on the density and length.  The price range seems similar to Follea.  Since I don't work in an office or hospital like I use to I won't wear the same wig every day.  When I'm at the barn messing with my horse I usually wear a pretied scarf and if I'm meeting someone there I wear a ball hat w/hair.  My horse could care less how I look.  Stacey (the Follea rep) told me if I only wear a few times a week and take care of the wig it would last for years.  That's why I figure if I buy two good wigs and one synthetic (maybe). I can make them last for awhile.  I will keep you updated.

Best of luck!

Jen, I'm sure you are probably tired from the Atlanta trip.  When you have time, please let me know how you did and what info you found out.  Hope you had a successful trip.

Hey... I did not go, it was a little strange. The studio owner was very upset that Follea would not send him the piece without payment. He told me he was going to drop Follea because he did not like the new policy (understandably so). He then sent me pictures of the pieces he had left. He said he forgot that he sold the one that I was interested in, and the other two were just not my style or color.

I am not sure if he was just upset with the company, but he stated he has received multiple complaints about the lifestyle and luxury pieces from his clients. Specifically with tangling and excessive shedding. He said he has not received complaints about the Aero or Gripper models and generally his clients are very satisfied with them.

I contacted Stacey and told her about my experience, she is getting with her rep in BH to see what they can do. I am pretty discouraged right now. I am looking forward to your review on the Follea.

It is frustrating that I am willing to pay thousands of dollars for a wig, yet the company is unwilling to send a sample or accept returns of unaltered product.

I am going to go to a shop here in Chattanooga and purchase something so I can get used to wearing and caring for hair. Maybe Stacey will be able to figure something out in the mean time.

Sorry I couldn't give you the YESSS these wigs are perfection review to ease your mind.

Jen, So sorry the trip was a dud.  I'm going to see Stacey tomorrow afternoon to trim a wig for me.  It seems Follea is getting hard to deal with.  Stacey told me that my piece may be in a shipment coming this week but Follea wanted approx. $300.00 extra to go through the lot to pull my piece sooner.  In talking to Amy (with Created Hair) about the situation she said she had never heard of Follea doing that.  Guess she's use to the "old" Follea.  Will let you know if I find out anything from Stacey. My appointment is at 4:00 tomorrow. 

What color did you order from Follea?

I think it's the light coffee.  I know it's a light brown with some natural highlights.  Stacey said I may want to add more.  Feels like this wig has been on order for ever!  Just checked receipt and I ordered on 11/12. I left a comment on your page.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service