I bought my first hair piece a month ago and I really like it, it looks great and is currently hiding everything, However, as the shedding continues (and continues...) I am feeling as though this will not hide things much longer. And on top of that I love the look but wear my hair down with the hair piece (just a top piece that blends in) and then I have to constantly feel the shedding (ACK!).

So...is it possible to wear a wig and pin up the hair I currently have? I use combs to keep in the hair piece but it does not always feel secure as the hair is so thin up there now.

Does anyone have hair underneath but wear a wig? Does it damage your hair? ANd what kind of wig can you wear? I hear a lot about freedom and vacuum wigs but understand they work when there is nothing under there. What are my best options?

Also, I work out most days and am wondering are there wigs you can easily put in ponytails and then take the ponytail out? It is hard to wear a ponytail with this hair piece...

Thanks all, this site is incredibly helpful...
Deirdre

Views: 1524

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chris: try twcwigs,com/wigs

Hi Judy
Yes I went there but couldn't find it. Wondered if you knew whereabouts on the site to find it. Perhaps they don't do it anymore.

Chris, I think this might be it. Good luck!

http://thewigcompany.com/night-n-day-brand-sleep-wigs/c/13250/

Deirdre

BMG, so glad you were able to get it thinned and it looks better. And glad you have a stylist who knows what they are ding! Maybe this won't be too horrible after all....

I wore mine out the last two days, had some minor slippage issues the first day but felt OK yesterday. Still looking into some adhesive solutions!!

Deirdre

Hi, I have female pattern baldness meaning most of my thinning is at the crown area. I used to shave the area and adhere a topper but it was depressing to me everytime I took it off to have long hair on the sides n bald on top. I decided to shave all my hair n start anew. I started wearing full lace human hair wigs. At first I used tape because I was shaved. But now my hair has grown in emough I sewed in 6 clips, not combs, but clips around the perimeter of the full lace wig.
I keep a portion of my hair out the front to blend with the hair of the wig to look more natural. The front 2 clips I sewed in are close to the outside of my eyebrow. The next 2 land between my temple and my ears on each side. And the last 2 are at the back of the wig at the base of the skill. Obviously try to make the clips mirror eachother.
I do not wear a wig cap. The full lace wig does not feel hot to me whatsoever even with my existing hair. My hair has grown a great deal since I started wearing this wig. The clips I get for about $.99 at the beauty zippy store and ate so secure even with extremely thin hair it stays in place.
I take my wig off only at night which I believe extends the longevity of the wig because it's less washing and styling than if it were adhered. It allows time for your scalp to breathe. N less face it, so much more comfortable to sleep.
Also, I don't spend thousands on the FL HH wigs. I order online from a manufacturer from china. I am a natural brunette so I can get away with ordering virgin Indian hair. But I typically spend around $300 for 18" virgin hair. The last wig I got was for my wedding and through this website I emailed and had one custom made. The measurements fit great I ordered virgin Mongolian because IRS very smoothe hair. I even did the skin look right at tge crown so the parts looked very natural. No lace to be seen. I bought this wig in october of 2011. It is now June 2012 and in excellent condition. I paid around $500. The best wig I bought yet. And I don't regret for a second growing back my natural hair and wearing clips. My husband doesn't mind the nightly transition one bit. And I love being able to wash my existing hair which proved to be a challenge when I taped and glued my wigs and toppers doen
please excuse the typos. It's 6am, im still in bed n using my phone with auto correct :))

That was good info thanks! I wish I could order virgin Indian hair - so much cheaper! I like the idea of sewing in clips once I have some hair back, good idea! I just started wearing a Jon Renau Zara and I have a Yaffa coming to see how it is. But the lace wigs are so intriguing. Thy seem so natural and I like that you can style them so much more. I have a pretty active life so I need hair that can keep up!!

Thanks again,
Deirdre

Hi !

This channel on Youtube ( Dittoschi) has a lot of wig videos. Her videos helped me pick out more realisitic looking wigs. She shows wigs that run 35 dollars to 500. Here is her Youtube channel Youtube.com/Dittoschi . I've since purchased 3 wigs she showed and love all of them. One is the Rene of Paris Tori, 2nd is by Revlon Scorpio and the latest is made by Gabor called the Premium wig. Thought I would let everyone know.

http://Youtube.com/Dittoschi

I kinda like her...she is a trip...and gives her "honest" two cents worth.

Summer 2011 I started with Toppers however by the end of Sept 2011 I had to switch from toppers to full wigs as my hairloss accelerated/worsened,(I now have about maybe 5% of my hair left),
I love love love love wigs & wear them 24/7 even to sleep & swim in. I had no problem whatsoever
immediately switching to full wigs. NOW I HAVE IN MY WIG COLLECTION (ABOUT 36 WIGS).I have a few
PONYTAIL WIGS(Synthetic Flax/Flaxen.Synthetic Chinese Silk hair,etc)that are fantastic,I just use
hair barrettes to ''cinch'' the ponytail. These ponytail wigs have soft thin flexible delicate lace/mesh caps that ''breathe'',so I can pin up the hair,etc,I highly recommend you switch to Wigs,
Wifgs to me are a million percent better than toppers. Mine have dermafix & are custom sewing altered
so that have vacuum type suction grip on my head,I never need tape or glue or adhesivr,

-Marsha Lampert MBA MS MarshaLampert@aol.com

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service