I am 51 years old and was diagnosed with Alopecia Areata in September.  I found my first bald patch and had a feeling that I had Alopecia because my Dad was diagnosed with Alopecia in his 40's after us kids seen his first bald spot on the back of his head.  My Dad is passed now and I was young when he was going thru shot treatments.  I have been to my regular Doctor and two dermatologist and seeked advice from a hair clinic. Two weeks after I found my first spot, I found my second one. Started applying fluocinonide 2 times a day.  Second Dermatologist indicated that my first spot had hair growth and second spot was still active with no hair growth.  Two weeks after appt, I now have hair loss activity again around my first spot.  Question.  Derm wanted to give me Intralesional injections of Kenalog to the bald spot which my understanding is a steriod like the fluocinonide that I am currently applying but works faster.    

Question -- Has anyone had the intralesional injections of Kenalog and was it helpful????

The derm acts like the immune system is or has only attacked the bald spot areas.  My hair is thinning and I have alot of breakage and when I asked about this he said it isnt related to Alopecia, I am assuming he was referring to the breakage??   

Question -- So is breakage and hair thinning also part of Alopecia???  Stupid question but when alot of you refer to shedding on the blogs, how was your hair failing out all over or shedding in clumps?? 

I am sure I will have many more questions as I progress down this road on products, wig, etc.         

Views: 1191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just finished with 4 months of shots with no results. May work for you though.I have heard of it working for others.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service