Hello everyone! I have been losing my hair (rapid alopecia, or so I'm told) since April of this year and as much as I dislike it, I'm actually surprised at how well I've dealt with it...so far! But...now...my eyebrows & eyelashes are starting to go! I know many of you on this site have lost way more than I have, please help me cope:) I am not ashamed to say, I don't know the first thing about makeup! Apply it to someone else...yes! Apply it to myself...not so much!

Views: 2171

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I went through the same issues about 10 years ago and I'm so glad that this site exists so that people have someone to talk to about it when they go thru it. I myself had to go thru it without anyone who really understood what was happening to me and I had to figure out how to manage largely on my own - though of course I had the support of my friends and family. And I had really thicvk eyebrows and long eyelashes before, so it was quite a switch for me too. I use liquid eyeliner as well for my brows - though I draw designs and I change them which is why I don't want to get permanent lines and I draw the line on my eyelid, so that you can't tell I don't have eyelashes. I sometimes put on the fake lashes, but it's such a hassle I only do it for special occasions. I went thru a long period where I wouldn't show myself to anyone without makeup on, because I felt somehow "naked", vulnerable and bland. Fortunately that's past now - I'm ok with people seeing me without makeup, though it is still stressful for me if it's someone I'm attracted to at an initial stage of our knowing each other :D. I think it's basically trial and error like some others wrote here - each of us finds a style that suits our own individual characters, but at least there are many options! Good luck!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service