I never had a problem wearing a turban with a scarf to work at my previous employer which did happen to be a non-profit organization. I've been in a new position now for awhile and it is in the corporate world so I do take into consideration they do things a little (or a lot) differently. I do, at times, have to see the public and meet and greet clients but on this particular day everyone was out of the office and I decided to wear my turban with a dressy scarf. It is, in my eyes, still very professional and my dress was still work attire. However, today my boss told me that it was inappropriate and told me that I could not wear it again, in other words, and I asked this, I have to wear a wig. Has anyone else had to confront this because I am struggling. I have had Alopecia for 34 years and have never had this happen. It was very hurtful and offensive. I normally wear a ball cap and bandana when I'm not at work and I can see that a ball cap may not be appropriate in this setting but this was a turban with a nice scarf.

Views: 2929

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unacceptable! This is not the way it should be.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service