phase 2 release of data expected sept 15, Pfizer will start phase 3 in 2019.  

Views: 8920

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes -Nor 75. U are absolutely correct!

i have chills, yes ! 

Hi Kim, 

Thanks for tracking and posting these updates.

So there's 2 potential treatment tracks; 

PF-06651600 =  JAK 3 inhibitor

PF-06700841 = a tyrosine kinase (TYK) 2/JAK1 inhibitor

From what I'm reading PF-06700841 (TYK 2/JAK1) had a better improvement in SALT scores, or am I reading it wrong?

If I'm reading it right - 33.6 points for JAK3 and and 49.5 points for TYK2/JAK1 are the improvement in SALT from baseline?

The other interesting thing are the dosages are considerably higher than what we typically see for Xeljanz (10-15mg)

PF-06651600 (200 mg once daily [QD] for 4 weeks, followed by 50 mg QD for 20 weeks)

PF-06700841 (60 mg QD for 4 weeks, followed by 30 mg QD for 20 weeks)

Tyk2 / jak 1- is removed from further consideration for AA. 

SAR! 

Where did you read that PF-06700841 (TYK 2/JAK1) was removed?

The results of Tyke / jak 1 are far better than jak 3 and no safety issues are reported. Very strange Pfizer has chosen to go with jak 3. Or there are typo errors in the communicate or at the moment it's quite hard to understand this decision.

Tofacitninub is a jak1,2and3

it would appeal that a new best in class for safety has been born. This is my guess ....  The FDA wants safety with AA first, even with Barri for RA (which is very crowded treatment space) they want safety trade off for me too! Now the real question will be safety profile for 

1. Concert jak1,2 CTP-543

2. Aclaris jak 3? ATI 501 and 502

i don’t know what ATI is if anyone knows for sure ? I will put on my chart! 

The opinions above are my personal views. 

I thought Tofacitinib is only Jak 1 & 3, whereas Ruxo is Jak 1 & 2?

Page 7

Thanks Kim, I learned something new today. 

Mechanism of Action

Tofacitinib is a potent, selective inhibitor of the JAK family of kinases with a high degree of selectivity against other kinases in the human genome. In kinase assays, tofacitinib, inhibits JAK1, JAK2, JAK3, and to a lesser extent TyK2. In cellular settings where JAK kinases signal in pairs, tofacitinib preferentially inhibits signaling by heterodimeric receptors associated with JAK3 and/or JAK1 with functional selectivity over receptors that signal via pairs of JAK2. Inhibition of JAK1 and JAK3 by tofacitinib blocks signaling through the common gamma chain-containing receptors for several cytokines, including IL-2, -4,-7,-9, -15, and -21. These cytokines are integral to lymphocyte activation, proliferation, and function and inhibition of their signaling may thus result in modulation of multiple aspects of the immune response. In addition, inhibition of JAK1 will result in attenuation of signaling by additional pro-inflammatory cytokines, such as IL-6 and Type I interferons. At higher exposures, inhibition of erythropoietin signaling could occur via inhibition of JAK2 signaling.

Source: XELJANZ (Pfizer) - PRODUCT MONOGRAPH

ATI 501 (oral) and ATI 502 (topical) are jak 1/3 inhibitors.

Their press release from 9th July has this

"Aclaris’ investigational topical Janus Kinase (JAK) 1/3 inhibitor (ATI-502)"

I am excited that there might be a breakthrough drug coming to help with alopecia. The problem will be how can anyone afford it as insurance companies will say alopecia is cosmetic and won't cover the cost.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service