I'm experiencing unprecedented regrowth, and want to hear about your similar experiences. I have had AU for almost 4 years now, first onset being in my mid-thirties. Possibly there was a link between my stressful job and the hair loss -- I've been away from that situation now for almost a full 3 years. I've been using turmeric (golden paste - supposedly good for anti-inflammation) in the past few months and that's all I've been doing differently than normal. I have tried about everything for varying periods of time over the last few years!

I now have patches of thick, dark hair coming in all over my head, (not connected...yet?) and I'm growing eyelashes and a bit of body hair here and there. I know from reading, not to be too optimistic or get attached, as it comes and goes. But this is something I haven't seen before, and it's all coming in at once. 

What are your experiences with regrowth and AU? 

Views: 25211

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I take turmeric as well. I also use MSM (organic sulphur)and biotin. both of those have helped ans biotin has ESPECIALLY grown nails. i have never had thick long nails before!

Congrats !! My hair came back in the same way yours is. I had tiny white hairs first before turning dark in color and then before I knew it I had almost all of my hair back :) Came in patches the same way that it fell out too. I am 5 years full regowth and had au for three years. They said it would never grow back.

Wow! This is exactly my situation! It was gone for almost a full 4 years and I had given up that it would grow. And now it's coming in thick - still missing a few patches but this feels like the real thing (knock on wood!) Congrats to you too!

Hi can you help me to say me how use tumeric? Thank you very much 

Nicolas, go back to the beginning of this thread. She explain's how to make the paste. Also, go back to the beginning of ADML's thread to get answers to questions you asked him.

Hi everyone. First post here in alopecia world.

Don´t mean to hijack this thread, but it´s one of the most interesting for me.

35yr male, I am having Alopecia Barbae only since March/April 2015. I believe this must have been caused by excessive stress, pressure and some issues at work, which are gone as of today.It´s too much of a coincidence the time it has started. I was also taking multivitamin "Centrum" for athletes at that time which is quite strong. But I don´t know exactly what must have triggered.

I have two major spots in each side of the face. They got bigger since last year and spreaded into little other spots in my throat which usually get bigger once they start. the affected areas tend to get close to each other.

Although the affected area got bigger, I am noticing some growth inside the affected area with many many thin yellow (or colourless) hair and few white thicker hair. I also have very few dark hair coming, they´re harder that the colourless hair, but thinner than adult facial hair.

No other area than my body has been affected whatsoever, but ... we never know. I let those little facial hair grow and only shave the healthy parts everyday. By doint this, I noticed I was having a growth.

Initially, I have used cortisone cream plus "rubefacient Gel" for two months but didn´t see much of a difference. Just very few colourless hair. My dermatologist prescribed me Oral cortisone and I have denied it because it was not compatible with the my sport, as I am an athlete.

Later, tried cortisone cream again, no results. I have mantained the "rubefacient gel" as it seems to speed up the growth. I wont be using coritisone cream again. It did nothing either for good or worse.

I am currently using the rubefacient gel, and a mix of acetic acid with cloral hidrate. sometimes, I also use white / colourless iodine (not daily as it´s very strong on skin and can burn). All these are pharmacy prepared for me.

So, here I am. Don´t know what to do next. 

My bloodwork is fine. Non smoker. I am perfectly fit and a track and field athlete. I very rarely eat fast food. One or twice a week I drink Juice (no coca-cola or sprite). I may drink moderatly beer in summer or red wine in winter. I don´t drink coffee or very rarely do as my system promptly reacts to caffeine. I do drink Green tea all day since 6 months ago and feel fine with it.

I have dropped drinking milk almost one year ago, just some cheese, albeit once in a month or two months.

Right now, I am not even taking vitamins. Nothing for almost one year, except one antibiotic due to severe sinutitis this winter which got uncontrolled and created infection.

It´s curious, in the past 2-3 years I have taken antibiotic 2 or 3 time already for sinus or cold, which is once per year.

Now that I think of it, for many years I never took one. These things just cured themselves.

I also did take whey supplements in the past, but in very low dosage and not for a very long time. Some where unflavoured and no artificial sugars.

I have bought the Turmeric / saffron to put into food and apply directly on skin. Thinking of going gluten free as well. Probiotics ?

If I am able to identify what must have triggered the alopecia in my beard, maybe I won´t even need to apply creams or whatever into the affected areas. I have to start somewhere, but my dermatologist just prescribed me those drugs and confirmed my thyroid levels are all fine.

I feel something else can be done and I should investigate.

Cheers everyone

I am pretty sure mine was triggered by stress also, and now am in a much less stressful situation. I believe there was a link there for me as well. Look up the recipe for "golden paste" which tells how to cook the turmeric for maximum absorption. Best of luck to you!

Dear molly,

I forgot to mention a funny episode. Yesterday I made watery based tumeric / Saffron using a large spoon of it. Then, decided to rub my affected areas using my fingers. 

This lasted around 10 minutes and while finishing the massage, went to wash my hands and face. But first, I noticed my hands were tinted yellow and it wasn´t coming off !

Next...I washed my face with warm water, and it was still yellow !!! I tried skin exfoliant / cleaner, helped a bit, but the yellow is very persistent ! After several washes it was still light yellow. My fingernails today are yellow ! :-)

Careful when using in your face ! I´ll start adding a small teaspoon of it to my daily intake at lunch time or dinner.

Thanks for replying. Take care, best of luck !

Ha! Yes, it is persistent! I've stained my bathtub too and had to bleach that out! I don't use it topically very often-- just internally. My guts are probably permanently yellow by now ;)

hahah ! I also felt a little burning sensation o the skin, but nothing major. Not like improved blood flow (effect of rubefacient gel), more like spicey sensation.

And yes, maybe we turn yellow inside. Who cares ! As long as it doesn´t hurt the stomach. I tolerate curry well and curry contains tumeric, so it shouldn´t be a problem, I guess.

Dude how is your alopecia now ?

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service