I recently had a final scalp micropigmentation treatment, and I am extremely happy with the results. I am surprised more people aren't talking about this option. I have had universalis since 2010, and have struggled with accepting my new appearance. When I started seeing advertisements for SMP I was concerned that it might not look natural, and I could be making myself look even worse. I thought their photos could have been altered and maybe the horror stories were more common than the successes. Then I saw the work in person and wanted to go for it. There have been so many instances since then (with family, coworkers, friends, and even my doctor) when people have thought my real hair was growing back! Every time I meet someone else with alopecia I can't wait to tell them I have universalis, and this isn't real hair, it's SMP.

Views: 2653

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, thanks for your comments. The smp treatment is essentially tiny dots, so the technique doesn't really translate for eyebrows. I'm not ruling out eyebrow tattoos, but I haven't found the right tattoo artist for the job yet. It's a tricky illusion. I will definitely share it on this forum when I have it done.
Yeah I was talking about permanent makeup type of things. Anyways looks good on u. U should be very happy

Looks great!!!

Thanks Jeffrey!

You're welcome Ken.

Did you have it done in Manhattan?

Yes, skalp USA, Graig in midtown manhattan. Do you travel to NYC? I didn't really find it too painful, but for a full head coverage it took 5-6 hrs. Then my head looks a little red for about 4 days. You can wear a hat immediately tho. The first treatment already looks good but gets more densely covered and realistic with the 2nd and 3rd applications.

Thanks for the info Ken. I'm so glad this procedure was such a success!

I don't get to NYC often myself but I know it's there!

The video is amazing! Your wonderment and happiness come thru. Are there women who do it too? I'm on Xeljanz and have most of my hair back. But who knows what the future holds?
Thanks! I wondered about women having it done too? Based on all the promotion I've seen, it's not that common. I'm surprised by that though. I think it's a good look for anyone. It just looks very realistic and therefore like a deliberate hairstyle choice.

Congratulations on your success with Xeljanz! It's exciting to see there are more options becoming available.

Ken, 

Do you have any scalp hair? 

I ask because when I checked into this treatment they told me that if you do have hair you  need to keep it shaved or very very short.

Your ideas on this?

Hi Jeffrey, that's true! I have no scalp hair at all so that works to my benefit this time. Most of their client base is men with receding hairlines so they have to commit to a shaved head look and keep the real hair very short. It's much easier for me to maintain, but from what I've seen any real hair mixed in only makes the illusion even more convincing!

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your input and confirmation.

So happy it's working for you!

Jeff

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service