Hello, I just started wearing a synthetic wig two months ago (Infatuation by Raquel Welch), but it's already getting frizzy in back at the bottom from rubbing against my coat or turtleneck sweaters. Is there any way to remedy this, short of cutting it off? This wig is only two months old! Any advice is appreciated!

Views: 14608

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I talked to the manager at the hair club that I used to belong to and she said it could be steamed out, but I didn't bother.  I'm with you though, for the $400 I paid for this wig, I did not expect it to start frizzing so quickly.  From now on I will be going with human hair.  I had a Noriko wig ("Carrie", but never wore it because it needed to be thinned out and the stylist at my wig salon had surgery and then was out.  This RW wig was my alternate wig.  Maybe it's time to pull out the Noriko wig, have it thinned, and see how it holds up.  Thanks for replying back.  I appreciate everyone giving me their input on this.

I wore synthetics for over a year and went through a lot of different brands, and honestly, they all frizzed and got plastic-y feeling pretty quickly, which is one reason I switched to HH. That being said, I never tried the steaming trick but I know a lot of people who swear by that and say it increases the longevity of their wigs.

wigs.com is now carrying Ellen Wille wigs and I recently ordered one. This will be the first synthetic I've owned in a year but I was curious about their fibers and how well it would hold up ... plus, I really need something short and cooler for summer! (It's a pixie cut that I ordered.)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service