Views: 14817

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you think the stem cell educator therapy would work better if u were on a jak inhibitor during the trial? Because it might help suppress your immune response while your immune cells are being reeducated not to attack harmless tissue. Im not sure how exactly this works. This stem cell thing seems really promising and interesting.

Interesting thought.  Make sense in theory. 

So Skip you made the opposte of what you must made...when we are in a cure that is immunomodulador we must never take immunosoppresor...have you said this thing to the doctros?

Sorry Nicolas... you're question isn't clear.  Could you try again?  If you're asking if my doctors know my complete medical history and what I've taken they have. 

Yes they did know that you used xeljanz and what is xeljanz(a immunosoprressor?) and after the 2 week you again did use xelijnaz or you never more used? Sorry my terrible English .

No problem... :)   I only used it for two weeks and ended up in the hospital with an infection.  Never used it again. 

Thank you for your answer.

Go to the Home Page.

Look at the Forum (left side) posts.

Look at the Weekly Content leaders.

What is the common denominator?

Treatments, Cures, Causes.

I wonder why this is always the case?

Eventually you will get sick of reading about these new drugs, new doctors, new trials, cosmetically acceptable hair and causes of Alopecia.

My advice is read the posts about people who reframed their visual sense of themselves ....and others.

I have been AU for over 20 years and I think one reason it's so hard to give up and stop searching is that one time I had really significant regrowth in my early 20's and now all these recent developments with JAK inhibitors have shown that the hair follicles, at least for some of us, are definitely not dead, even after decades of AU.

As we all discuss new developments, the most promising to me are those that are safe and effective and work toward curing the underlying disease not the symptom. We must encourage people like Skip to tell us about what they have done and not get too emotional that it hasn't worked for Skip, yet. Then we need to do our best to encourage our politicians in our own countries to actively fund and encourage stem cell research, which has been consistently restricted and underfunded, at least here in the US. According to my friends and family in medicine this is the most promising avenue. This Chinese scientist may have put up his best case on his website to try to get more attention and more funding. The reports I read said a lot of his alopecia patients have had improvement, they didn't say all nine were cured. And just because they weren't all cured in one treatment, doesn't mean we should write it off as a fraud. 

We should also really appreciate the people on here sharing their experiences with JAK inhibitors - good and bad (which from what I have read includes diverticulitis flares, herpes on the face, flu like illness and worst of all, when you are taking something so expensive and scary, shedding and total relapse). 

With things like LDN we should also encourage people to share what they have researched and are trying. Even if there isn't yet a shining case of remission from long-standing alopecia, things like LDN may help some people, especially in the early stages of the disease.  I watched one of the first videos  pterese put up and it was very compelling. While it seems from my preliminary research that this might benefit those with autoimmune pain and nerve disorders more than us, it was a great reminder that all of our systems are completely connected in our bodies and you can change your immune response with something like more endorphins! 

In order to develop Alopeica Areata, some perfect storm of imbalance was created in our bodies. In my case, at age 15, my genetics, combined with high doses of antibiotics and a really bad case of strep throat, on top of an inflammatory diet, stress and then having my hair bleached probably all contributed to that perfect storm. I know it's a sensitive subject, but we don't really know that our childhood immunizations don't stack the deck against us, too. 

As we try to recover from autoimmunity or at least prevent ourselves from developing more illnesses in the same vein, we can take steps to create a perfect storm of HEALTH in ourselves. As pointed out on in one of the first youtube video  pterese posted, there are natural ways to increase your endorphins and regulate your immune challenges, vitamin D, low stress living, anti-inflammatory diet, prebiotics, probiotics, etc. And if it works for you, don't ride off into the sunset alone, we want to know what you did! 

Keep sharing everyone! Let's not punish people who get excited. Read or watch all the links they share and then ask questions. Let's remember we're in this together! We are lucky that we can communicate with each other this way. There's real hope in the air. 

About vitamin b have you read about protocollo Coimbra? 

high dosis of vitamin d and he says that 95% of cure in sclerosis and all aoutoimmune infermity here a link but it's in italian

https://www.facebook.com/notes/per-unaltra-terapia-vitamina-d-per-l...

In you tube you can see a lot of video of Coimbra the dosis are very very high this is the big problem...but he assure that in this clinic he cured thousands and thusands of patientes whit autoimmunes disaster and he says he cured more of 95% of the people...now there are also in other states doctors that use this protocol whit high dosis of vitaman d ...did  you control  your d level in blood analysis?

I watched this video on the Coimbra protocol Nicolas. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOfO29rL-gI 

It has subtitles in English if you turn on the CC.

The part that impressed me the most was him talking about how people at higher latitudes have more autoimmune problems, which they compensate for in many cases by eating cold water fish, which has a lot of vitamin D. 

I was very interested to learn about his methods and I am tempted to start on at least 5,000 IU of vitamin D daily right away. I think I will see if they can test my parathyroid hormone levels as well as my vitamin d levels at my next physical. I saw on the other thread that you are going to try to apply a vitamin D cream as well. That sounds like a good/safe experiment. Let me know how it goes. 

I think it's important based on the video above to also take a vitamin B2 supplement and to NOT take a calcium supplement.  It seems like if you want to try more that 10,000 IU per day it would be best to have a doctor who knows this protocol help you. 

Bravo Jen!!!  110% agree with all of this.  I'm in it to win it...and we will.  

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service