so, was sooo disappointed how The View today handled Miss Delaware win. instead of celebrating what she has done and celebrating those who choose to go wigless, it ended up in a discussion on who should wear a wig or not!!??? black women only if their head is shaped right? white women, no, cause they look like coneheads???!!!!!!!!!!!!! C'MON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow - dem ladies missed the whole point!!!
:0(

Views: 931

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I did not like The View Show making fun of cone heads and black or white ladys with no hair bad! bad! bad!
It's the famous Beldar Conehead and family from Saturday Night Live that Jesse was referring to. He's a comic and it just popped into his head on free association.

It was a specific comic reference. The Coneheads are very bald, very white and iconic in American TV humor.

Take a look: Coneheads at home.

Thea
@alopecia
I'm coming to this discussion late because I was out of town and away from the Internet....I agree with you that they totally missed the whole point. I emailed them 3 times with links to AW and to videos, and I suggested that they have Kayla on the show and correct their mistake!
P.S. The point is that they would NOT be having this discussion about whether MEN should wear a wig to cover their bald heads! I dream of a world where women have the same choice to cover up or not that men do now. I think it will be that way someday . Let's get out there on July 17, International Alopecia Day, and make it happen sooner rather than later!
I emailed the show well over a week ago and haven't received a response either. I don't understand how they can ignore all these emails and comments and not even issue an apology. I think they were very insensitive and instead of taking the opportunity to thank Kayla and educate the public, they chose to poke fun. I wrote that they should feel responsible for making some Alopecians more insecure and some who were thinking about showing the world their beautiful bald head may have more doubts now and may never do so!!! Sad, very sad. I hope that the producers and the network realize the big mistake that has been made and take steps to correct it but I'm not holding my breath. I am, however, going to stand proud with my bald head and continue to promote awareness wherever and whenever I wish!!! July 17th is a perfect opportunity to celebrate "International Alopecia Day" and prove these women wrong by showing our beautiful bald head, whether it be white, black, red, yellow, etc....you get the point. Coneheads....I think NOT!!!

Love and Hugs,
Dotty
I haven't had any reply to three emails to them...maybe we should all keep sending.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service