I have a request for every Dr.King patient: could you inquire about topical ruxolitinib (so not topical tofacitinib/xeljanz) at your next consult? He had some great success with it (end of 2015) but everybody seems to get the topical xeljanz instead.

Views: 21364

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No I don't. Sorry

Hell: my 15 yo daughter was diagnosed with alopecia areata 5 weeks ago. We are completely freaked out. Do you know who are the best doctors in the US to go to for this? Have you used the topical xeljanz? Why is she loosing hair from all over her scalp if this is areata? When does the hair loss stop? What can we expect? Any help/insight/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

They are on the market already. See pharmacy information below. The problem so far is not one person on this site has reported any growth with Topical X or Topical R that came from that pharmacy. I guess only time will tell.

That's great news Xeljanzmiracle!

I believe this link below shows information regarding a study testing topical Ruxolitinib.  Just in case anyone is interested in going that route.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02553330

Hi...my son is 5 years old has alopecia universalis...we also consulted with dr brittney craiglow who is the wife of dr king and co author of their journals. My son has been on the topical 2% ruxolitnib for 3 months. We apply to his eyebrows twice a day. Unfortunately he has not responded
That's very unfortunate. The possitive side is that your son is still very young. By the age of 20 a lot more has been researched in the hope for better treatmenta.

How much was the cream? Was it a 2% ointment of ruxolitinib of 30g?

In the article Brett used a 0.6% ruxolitinib cream instead.

My question for the dr.King patients now: what cream base is king using to deliver the ruxolitinib molecules thru the skin? Is it the same cream base as the one the Philadelphia pharmacy is using or the 2% version you got Marisa?

In addition to my previous post: I think the pharmacy in Philadelphia is using a lipoderm based cream. I am really wondering what Dr.King used on his topical ruxolitinib patient. If any of his patients could ask? This was his patient responding to his ruxolutinib ointment 0.6%: http://amaprod.silverchaircdn.com/data/Journals/DERM/0/dlo150047.pd...

I am sure these molecules would be just injected in the scalp in the future like steroid shots. 

May i know the formulation of the Topical Ruxolitinib?  is it just simply mix the medicine power and the cream?  if you have the formulation, could you please take a photo and upload here.  since i am in China, i could not get the Topical Ruxo.  thanks

The cream was about $1400 it lasted for 3 months exactly. And yes its the 2% of ruxolitinib of 30g...its a very small tube..the size of an infants toothpaste. Yes we are aware that the patient used .6% we wanted to use the highest concentration so we wouldnt have to work our way up in case it didnt work.
Dr king and dr craiglow use the same compounding pharmacy xeljanzmiracle is talking about. The cream base is lipoderm
Thank you Marisa for all the info. We hope your precious 5 year old son recovers.

Then there's nothing more you can do at this stage Marisa! Good that you have reconciled with Brett's office! Good that such a small (expensive) tube at least lasted for 3 months.

I guess Brett used the 0.6% concentration to save some money for his patient. It's quite remarkable that his patient experienced full eyebrow regrowth with such a small concentration and some people don't even respond to 2%. That's why I was wondering if Brett used a different formulation. But if he's also using this Pharmacy RX in Philadelphia to compound the topical solutions based on lipoderm as well then I have no idea why some aren't responding at all :( 

The 17 year old girl who responded very well used a 0.6% liposome based ruxolitinib cream compounded by the the CT compounding pharmacy.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service