hi everyone,

i can't find a specific discussion topic related to this (but i think the "search" function on this website may be faulty; even when i search for topics that i know are on here, they don't come up).

anyway, my 9 year old daughter was diagnosed with ophiasis subtype alopecia areata about 8 months ago.  we tried intralesional steroid injections and monthly oral prednisone pulses.  after 7 months, there was overall progression of disease.  a few weeks ago, we started her on topical ruxolitinib from chemrx in philadelphia.

the pharmacist i spoke with said that some of their patients are definite responders to the drug, but on this website, i've seen comments suggesting that most patients do not respond to the topical form.

if you are doing topical ruxolitinib (or topical tofacitinib), please let us know how you are responding.

thanks,

mo

Views: 907

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You have to ask your doctor. However most of them are not familiar with it.

It might help if you bring the below article.

http://amaprod.silverchaircdn.com/data/Journals/DERM/0/dlo150047.pd...

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service