Hey everybody! I finally got time to do a review on my new gemstress wig i ordered it off loris wigsite under impressions it was the "venice" i got it on sale for 1,300! Its just like my matt yeandle wig which lasted me 2 years with everyday use and it is still perfect i just wanted a new one so im sure i could get a few more years out of it! i love it! grips to my head perfect! It gripped great when i was almost all bald and now i have like 90% regrowth to my shoulders and it still grips which is great because i cant use clips im scared of it pulling. So i could flip my head over and it stays put. It is a lace cap combined with silk top stretch and silicone and ear tabs. I seen the gripper and it is just like it except better because its all hand tied no wefts and like 3 times cheaper! I got it in two days! After washing like four times its still perfect and has a wave. If u have questions feel free to ask me! Oo and its 14" european hair soft silky and bouncy i work in a salon noone knoes a wear a wig ** ive attached some pics just kinda cut out my face

Views: 5375

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AnGel, how's the hair held up on your european gemtress? I wear the gemtress remy tricia wig. I love the cap but the hairs not quite as good as I'd like. Of course that's why mine is half the price of the venice. I tried either a venice or a firenze last summer but ended up returning it because the way the cap was made it didn't look natural around the ears. I have no hair and need the thin skin around the ears. the one I ordered had hard tabs but they weren't big enough to go in front of my ears and it looked unnatural. Does yours have ear tabs? Maybe my head was just too big for it :) But the hair did feel really nice and i'm looking into trying to make one of those work for me.

@ ariel! Hey mine feels great the hair is pretty strong i dyed brown then bleached the ends to ombre then i did it all a honey blonde and now put a red on it i get so much conpliments every day and still looks shiney! Mine does have a silk top and it does have ear tabs and thin skin over the ear tabs i have quite a lot of regrowth to my shoulders ao i pull the perimeter out and wear wig grip head band to make it more secure so it dont slip with all my hair but i love it and also it does shed a little but not to bad it looks so much better if u thin it out makes i flow nore natural! Heres a pic of it
Heres a pic of my hair
Attachments:

Hi AnGel, I'm a newby on this site ... looking for the best quality wig for a reasonable price. Want to stay under the $1500 range. Key is that it has to look completely natural. If it doesn't look natural I'd rather not wear anything. The hair quality, movement, shine, as well as the hairline around the face, ears etc. My natural colour is much like yours. Sounds like you've tried a few over the years. I'm looking into the one from Lori's site, the Venice, but I'm concerned about Ariel's comment about it not being a good fit around the ears. Would you be able to comment on how you find it, and if at all possible then send a picture? Thanks!

hi andrea! my venice wig was on sale it was like 1200-1300 i dont remmeber but if u sign up for there newsletter then u get discounts sent to u. i like the venice wig because of the silktop. it feels fine around the ears its a little hard because of the ear tabs but its comfortable and doesnt bother me at all i actually like it because u can bend it to shape around the ears maybe ariel didnt bend it, u could mold it to lay better so its more comfortable and secure that website actually puts a whole picture of the way the inside looks and works which is very helpful. mine is holding up great its been around 1 1/2 my other one is 3 years old and still looks good it thined out a little around the bottom but nothing to bad. the key to the natural look and natural movement is a good haircut! and to frame it around the face, layers and thinning it makes it lay like a hundred times better! u could wear a bang but u dont have to! it has a lace front which blends with your scalp they do not bleach the knots but i bleached them myself it makes it look better and blend to the silk top better its pretty easy to do! if u look on the thread all the pictures are of the wig! good luck with your search ;) ask me anyhing else u need to know and hope this helps!

Thanks so much for the info. What color did you order? My color is very close to yours. And, is the silktop comfortable ... is it not too hot? My concern has been the transition between the silktop to the lace in the front ... you said that you bleached yours, so I'm assuming that's why yours looks so natural.

AnGeL what is the link to the site you ordered from? I went and tried some wigs on today for the first time and wanted to cry. I think I need to try a human hair wig I only tried synthetic on today.

Could use any advice I just feel like this step is making this even harder, sigh

AK 13, I don't know which site AnGel ordered from but the wig she's talking about is available at lori's wigsite- www.wigsite.com
I felt the same way as you the first time I went to try on synthetics. Then I got a lace front, monofilament, thin skin (really light and comfortable) human hair wig and it's so much better for me. Some people love synthetics but for me personally I like the feel of human hair. Hang in there, you'll find a good wig for you and things will be so much better. I actually think my wigs look better than my own hair ever did.

Ariel ... do share, what did you end up buying and where?

Thanks Ariel! I hope so!

Andrea, I had actually ordered and returned the Firenze which is a little cheaper and not exactly like the Venice. It looks like it has a similar cap though. The issue for me was that I don't have any of my own hair around my ears and I felt like the ear tabs were stiff and didn't come close enough to my own ears to look natural. That may be partly due to the fact that my head is big. :) I like to wear my wig pulled back in a low ponytail and I like it to look like I have little "sideburn" hairs there. The thin skin on my cheaper gemtress tourmaline wig does look like that. It has a very thin, very fragile, stretchy material with hair all around the perimeter. I tape it down and it's really natural looking, even in a ponytail. But the downside is the hair in the tourmaline is not quite as nice as I'd like. Don't get me wrong I think it's a great wig for around $500 and I've been happy enough to wear it for 9 years. But I mostly keep it pulled back because the hair gets dry by the end of the day and doesn't move great. It really looks natural though. I've shocked friends, dermatologists, and even a boyfriend of 2 months, when I told them it was a wig. But if you have a normal size head, don't wear ponytails, and/or have some of your own hair the venice will probably be great for you.

Hi Ariel,
I have AU ... so no hair at all. Normal sized head. Don't like bangs, so my hairline is visible. Ideally, I'd like a wig that offers me natural hairline at the sideburns and the front, and one that moves well. I am looking for something that I could wear down as well as pulled back in a ponytail. But you are saying that the Venice is not great in a ponytail, right? And that the Tourmaline works well in a ponytail but not when its down due to the lesser quality of the hair? What do you wear when on days when you don't have your hair pulled back in a pony?

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service