Hey everybody! I finally got time to do a review on my new gemstress wig i ordered it off loris wigsite under impressions it was the "venice" i got it on sale for 1,300! Its just like my matt yeandle wig which lasted me 2 years with everyday use and it is still perfect i just wanted a new one so im sure i could get a few more years out of it! i love it! grips to my head perfect! It gripped great when i was almost all bald and now i have like 90% regrowth to my shoulders and it still grips which is great because i cant use clips im scared of it pulling. So i could flip my head over and it stays put. It is a lace cap combined with silk top stretch and silicone and ear tabs. I seen the gripper and it is just like it except better because its all hand tied no wefts and like 3 times cheaper! I got it in two days! After washing like four times its still perfect and has a wave. If u have questions feel free to ask me! Oo and its 14" european hair soft silky and bouncy i work in a salon noone knoes a wear a wig ** ive attached some pics just kinda cut out my face

Views: 5375

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Andrea, I didn't actually try on the Venice. I ordered and returned the Firenze. If you look them up on lori's wigsite the caps look similar, but it sounds like the Firenze might actually have some thin skin around the ears. It's hard to tell from the descriptions online. If you go to a wig salon that sells gemtress they may be able to tell you. I haven't gone to a salon in years because I've been ordering my gemtress wigs from lori's wigsite for a cheaper price. But I think I'm going to make an appointment with a salon in the next couple months for this very reason. Like you, I want something with a natural hairline around my ears and nice hair. Right now I wear my wig in a pony tail almost every day. It's not too bad for me because I spent years with my hair in a ponytail to hide bald spots and now I'm just more comfortable with my hair back. Some days I pull just the sides up. the hair's not terrible, it's just coarser and dryer than my fine hair used to be and I feel like it looks clumpy when it's down. In a few weeks I'm going to try to find a salon that sells gemtress. I'll let you know if I find out any helpful information. I even emailed gemtress directly to ask about the cap construcion of the different wigs but they told me I had to go to one of their retailers with questions.

Hi Ariel, I'm so impressed that you're wearing a ponytail! Is there any way you could send me a photo? I really want to be able to pull my hair off my face, but just don't know how to do it without the hairline looking wiggy. And, please let me know if you found out anything from Gemtress. I think I've got my choices narrowed down to either Impressions/Venice line or the supplier I've been ordering from in the UK (they work with both indian remy and european virgin hair ... they sell wholesale, so there's not much in terms of advertising on their website but they do make a decent wig with silk-top $800 for indian and $1200 for european hair. http://hairdevelopment.co.uk/ if interested.

Thanks, I'm going to check that site out. I emailed lori's wigsite where I buy my wigs and asked some specific questions about the cap on the Venice. I'll let you know if I get any info. I'll try to upload a picture of my wig in a ponytail a little later tonight.

Andrea, Let me know if you can't see these photos. Here's my wig up for my wedding. I usually wear it pulled into a lower ponytail but I wanted to show you what it looked like pulled up high. When I get a new wig I use a razor to create baby hairs underneath that will hang down. Looking back at these photos I should have pulled more baby hairs down behind my one ear. I do wear bangs though. I just noticed in one of your posts you said no bangs. I think the bangs and long bangs on the side help with the natural look. Sorry the pics aren't real clear. I'll try to take some better ones sometime soon.

Attachments:

Thanks so much for the photos, they are great. So yes I see what you mean about the bangs and baby hairs, that's what I need to do as well. Is this your Gemtress hair?

Yes, that's my gemtress tricia.

I just ordered my first GEMTRESS. They now offer lace front both at the top hairline AND the ear tab area. I don't have it yet, so I can't give a detailed report. But I spent a LOT of time at the salon with the stylist going over every little detail, which DID include that soft baby hair look in front of the ear area. I went with the 12 " ONYX, with Human REMI hair. I know the hair quality will not match my 100% VIRGIN European hair of my FREEDOM, but I'm looking for a secondary piece for outdoor activities. We shall see... (been disappointed too many times)

can't wait to hear.   What color?

Ariel....that is gorgeous. I love the color? That is processed hair, right?

Thanks Lexi. Yes, it's processed remi hair. It is a good blonde color and it looks pretty when pulled up, but the hair's a little dry for me when it's down. So I'm in the process of looking for either a miracle conditioner or a wig with european or other better quality hair.

@ariel those pictures looked amazing very nice updo! It looks so natural!
Thanks AnGel. I have another question about your Venice. I saw a picture of the cap and it looked like there's a dark border around the edge of the lace on the forehead. Is this part cut off. I'm considering ordering one but I'm worried about how the hairline will look because I don't have any of my own hair.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service