I am at the stage where I need to start thinking bout buying my first wig.

A horrifying thought as that means my AA is at its worst but Im slowly but surely coming to terms with it.

I would like to get your guidance on wigs. All I know is that you get human hair and synthetic hair wigs. That's as far as my knowledge extends.

Are there any companies that you'd recommend?
What are the pro's and con's with all the different options out there?
Are they comfortable? How does your head breath/sweat?
How do you wash them?
Would you suggest long hair or short hair? Is the one easier than the other?
Can they fall off or be blown off?
What happens if they get wet in the rain for instance?

And anything else a virgin-wig-wearer should know???

Views: 1646

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

how do you find a US rep? I think I contacted one about six months ago, but I can't find the website or how I found that rep. I would like to see a Freedom in person. The rep that I talked to was traveling through Denver to meet clients and she said she would be happy to meet me in Denver. I wish I knew her name now. I think she is a western US rep. Thanks

Hi Michelle

I'm not sure who you might have talked with...maybe Kim Karacz. Go to the Freedom Website www.freedomwigs.com then to the 'Contact us' page. Scroll down to USA and you will see all the Independent Agents listed there. You could also pop into the Freedom hair Facebook page as there are a lot of piccies of Kim and others wearing their freedom Wigs.

This is Kim with her Freedom Hair on and her wee girl. :)

Rosy

I was checking out the Forever Young on Wigs.com. They are really cute and the price is crazy. You might have fun with those wigs. Wigs.com has videos about the wigs which I think is helpful. I like lace front and monotop. Also hand tied is nice, but that raises the price too. There is definitely a learning curve with wigs. I thought the videos were very helpful. You might have to visit several sites to get good look at the colors. Wigsupport.com is also a good site.

This is just a tip I do....whenever I see a wig I may want to buy...I look it up on "youtube.com" first to see if there is a video wig review on the wig and see how it looks on a actual person. There are many many wig reviews on you tube to give you an idea if you like a wig for yourself ; )

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service