Hi Everyone! I'm hoping all you experienced wig-wearers out there can help out a Newbie ;)

I have been considering a wig for a long time now and have just finally embarked on my active search. I visited a very small, limited boutique a few days ago. I tried on one wig and was enthralled with "having hair". I loved it! The boutique only had about 3 styles to try and they only sell synthetic hair wigs. The lady I spoke to was not a "fan" of human hair wigs - she claimed that they are higher maintenance and that they even lose hairs. She claimed that those hairs need to be replaced at a cost, and that is why she didn't offer them to her customers. I went ahead and ordered a synthetic wig, given the cost was reasonable (and she would charge nothing if I changed my mind) for a "test run" to see if wearing a wig was going to be something I would really enjoy. I mean, I have been SO looking forward to a wig, but worried about maintenance, whether it would look natural and whether it stayed on in wind or during physical activity.
Anyway... I also have a consultation with a more "upscale" wig salon that does sell both synthetic and human hair wigs. I look forward to comparing.

I am hoping though that those of you out there who have much experience with wigs can help to educate a very overwhelmed soul.

I have heard the term "vacuum wig", but have not seen these on the website of the salon I'm going to. I have also seen advertisements for wigs that can be worn while swimming and sleeping. Sounds fabulous! But are they hard to maintain? do they last long?
What's the difference between lace wigs, hand tied, vacuum..??!?
I am just so overwhelmed.
Is there a trusted website I could go to to read up on all the kinds of wigs, their pros and cons...?
Please... if anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.
Dazed and Confused... ;)

Views: 179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow... rollercoasters eh? That is promising!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service