Can anyone recommend a wig for a very active person(female) I just dont know what direction to go in I have seen so many I just need to know the best

Views: 1472

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mostly I have average size....blondes...Revlons, Noriko, ROP, some blondes are more ash, some very Barbie Yellow blonde, some Creamy Blonde (Noriko)...Have a red Noriko that is very pretty, It would be hard, I guess to describe or find online as some styles might be discontinued.. I just threw that out there on a whim..yes, most have bangs or longer top so bangs could be cut I guess, if one dared do that with a synthetic..Some are short, I have medium length...I have one very pretty long long style..yellow blonde with bangs...my glamour girl wig !!
Hi

I only really have knowledge about Freedom Vacuum wigs and Peggy Knights vacuum wig, both of which are made in New Zealand. I will do my best to answer your queries here.

Can you wear a Freedom Vacuum hairpiece with hair underneath??

There are a few things that may impact that decision. The thickness and location of hair will influence the ability for a freedom vacuum hairpiece to adhere securly to your head. If you have fpb I would suggest that shaving would be the best option as there would be no compromise to the fit of the Freedom hairpiece (this is a choice you make), some are happy with less than secure pieces (this would not suit my daughter and most that invest in a Freedom hairpiece).

You have to understand a Freedom vacuum hairpiece is a very precise piece of equipment it is made to very exacting measurements. In most cases in the USA a medical laser scanner is used to to get the initial measurements of your head. Fit can and will often be compromised by hairgrowht underneath. The other thing that can influence fit is fitting technique. These hairpiece do not suit all.

There is the choice of wearing a fibreglass base rather than the silicone as this will give those that want to retain some hair underneath their hairpieces, security (again dependent on how much hair and where it is located). I would sugget this could be an option for those who have difficulty fitting their hairpiece as well. (There are some downsides with this choice - if you want to understand it may be easier to contact an Independent Agent in your area). :) Freedom works extremely hard to make sure that people are helped until they choose otherwise.

The choice to take away growing hair to wear a hairpiece is like doing an about turn with regards to how people feel, as for most every hair is trying to be saved - but to wear a Freedom hairpiece the choice is to take every hair away - sort of take back a little control (well that's how it worked for my daughter). I asked my daughter at the time she decided to take away her hair - what the options were for her. They were - wear a hairpiece with hair underneath, wear a freedom hairpiece with no hair underneath, don't wear a hairpiece at all. (Her choice was the freedom because of the many advantages it gave her to live her life). Having another type of hairpiece to retain hair that she wanted to cover up didn't work for her at all. It's a big decision and I don't believe anyone makes it lightly..... :)

If you want any further information I'm happy to help.

Rosy

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service