Would people be as "depressed" if they had never heard the word

Im going to take our minds off alopecia for a min if thats possible

I live in Ireland,as i grew up with hair i heard stuff at school about people taking time off for being depressed,so i asked my mother(a nurse since 21 and a masters deg in child psychology)whats wrong with them,and what does depressed mean. she said,pat i really dont know, when i studied there was no such word as depression so i cant relate to it.
I never knew why that stuck in my head but it did anyway
I stated i live in ireland for a reason,that being that i can sit here and watch what american news chooses to show me from a distance and let me tell you its scary.

Can you imagine a world where the word depression just didn't exist.
That word just didn't exist in my house it was joked about like ( your depressed ha ha clair is de preesseeed) in a teasing way
It was fantastic, breakfast dinner lunch and no sweets after 7 and yes we slept sound every night,an so what if we were hyper,it might have been 5 months to christmas like but so what we were counting down

TV and sky happened
broadcasting americas best
words like depression,bi polar,arachnophobia(suddenly everyone had it),anxiety disorder,
Agraphobia and get this agraphobia without history of panic disorder is an actual disorder.and thats only the a's
At the rate you americans are going ye will have a name for every single type of personality in the world by 2030
Im thinking about 10 billion new ahem Disorders for my kids to choose from

Thanks
Can you imagine how great my childhood was without such a choice of Disorders to choose from.

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you get a name for it, then there are special funded programs for it in certain schools and programs. Too bad the medical insurance in America doesn't do that for alopecia.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service