I know this sounds like another website we all know about....BUT it would be cool to start our own wig help forum. Would anyone like to start posting about their favorite wigs, where they get them, name of the wig and brand, and even feel free to post pictures of the wig, or of yourself wearing the wig? I think it would be helpful to so many of us here who frequently talk about wigs, and in this way, all the information would be in one area. I think most of us could post something about a favorite wig that we have, or that we have been eyeing and wanting to buy. Then if someone already has that wig, we can swap the informaion about it online. Good idea? I am waiting to see if this idea gets received well by all.

Views: 2190

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some people have liked the Gemtress, in the EHH version, as another type of wig that is very secure and has some thin skin material that adheres to the scalp. It is made by Onrite and several people have recently posted about it.

Here is a thread started by AnGel

http://www.alopeciaworld.com/forum/topics/update-on-my-gemstress-wig

If you wear short wigs, you might like "Winner" by Raquel Welch. It is synthetic, oh so comfortable, wears like iron, feels soft and natural, styles easily (as easily as a synthetic can), comes in a boatload of colors and is affordable (around $100.00). I ordered it through my vendor, but you can get it online as well. It did need a little styling to fit my face, but VERY little, actually. It is by far my favorite wig (I own 4, but will get this one again when I need a new one). And the site wigaholics is great, FYI. Blessings.

Lexi,I too am on WigSupport,as you probably already know. Please let me know if/how/when I can be of help, I especially love to help people with tiny/small heads get wigs to fit precisely securely comfortably & stylishly,as I have a rare form of dwarfism that caused me to have a 17in child size head at age 49. I am also familiar with products like Dermafix & Securegrip gel headband & have really good expert wig sewing alteration people ! -
-Marsha Lampert MBA MS Marshalampert@aol.com

Hi Ladies

As I said I would here is a piccie of my daughter in her latest Freedom Wig. :)She loves it and so do I.

Rosy

She is just so gorgeous! The cut is really great too,

How gorgeous is she!!! KNOCKOUT!!

She is absolutely beautiful!

Rosy your daughter is beautiful! Has anyone else noticed that alopecians seem to have a glow about them as well as beautiful eyes and skin, if I do say so myself hehe!

I agreee. We're also healthier than most people since we make ourselves more aware of our bodies!

Yes we both are on Wigsupport. Thanks for your offer of help. No even so much the fit, but to find something that the hair doesn't overwhelm your face and the rest of you! But still has some trendy style to it.

The Gala wig by Gabor which is my favorite is now posted on Ebay for $50--too bad it's not the right color for me. You may want to check it out.

My favorite wig, is not really a wig at all, it is a bonded-on hair system from Hair Systems of Long Island! I leave it on all the time and have it serviced once a month. It gives me the freedom to do yoga, go out in windy weather, drive in a covertable etc. It is the best solution for me!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service