I have had Alopecia Areata now for about three years. Now that almost all of the hair is gone on my scalp, I have noticed terrible sweating in the middle of the night. The sweat falls down across my face making me just plain freeze, is this NORMAL?

Views: 602

Replies to This Discussion

Huh... I haven't had that happen before!! I've had AA since I was 11... I don't think that is a result of AA. I'm sorry that's happening to you!
Hi Debbie
Funny you are posting this, I was going to ask the same thing. About a month before I started loosing my hair , I was having night sweats. Not fun ,it was scary. My hair is almost all gone .The night sweats have stoped. I don't know for sure if it's related.
Something tells me it is. I visited a naturopath today. He told me the sweating was the body's way of getting rid of toxins. ??? I dunno

I have had alopecia universalis for 48yrs. I stopped wearing a wig 14 yrs ago, because of the self esteem issues, along with the working in an industrial labourous job. Then I was injured and stopped working. Over the last five years, I sweat to the point that I can wring my cloth,,,and lately, going hypothermic,,,and freezing, often having to get into a hot tub to rewarm myself. I feel it's auto immune related, but our canadian doctors don't want to see complicated complex patients, so I"ve been researching this, but like alopecia discoveries, I"m getting nowhere. This week the sweats were so bad, it totally saps everything I got and now I"m vomitting from fatique. To me we are totally bald, so our body temp isn't the same, fever is at a lower rate, making it difficult to show a family physician what's going on.

Oh no, please don't tell me it's menopause! That's even worse :)
Hi again I don't think it's menopause I'm 37 I'm not a doctor ,but I think it's something woth the immune systeme working overtime I n ever had night sweats in my life. Coincidence that I start getting them and my hair falls. I don't think so!
I do have the same night sweat on my head too. Im 40 and i dont think is menopause either. My pillow last night was so wet i had to turn to the other side.

Debbie,

I know what your talking about. If I don't have my fan and air on I wake up sweating, even with my head shaved. I thought that with less hair the sweating would be less.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service