I've talked to a few women who wear vacuum wigs, but they all have AT or AU. I have diffuse AA, and still have hair on most of my head. Well, it's diffuse, and you can see scalp all over, but most of my head is covered even though I've lost probably around 70% of my hair.

I want to know how often I would have to shave my head to wear a vacuum wig, and if I could just buzz it or if I would have to shave it close every day or something. I just want to know what other people do.

Views: 187

Replies to This Discussion

hi, i don't wear a vac piece but i have been told that you can even if you still have hair as long as you shave your head daily.
jessica
What is a vacuum wig? I have never heard of this.
Yes, you have to have bare scalp to wear a vacuum hairpiece, for it to "stick on". The lace cap ones with silicone around the edges are good when you have a lot of hair loss or big patches.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service