Hi There, Im 27 and i live in New Jersey ,,,,,,,,I am African American and i dont know anybody else who has this ,,,,,,,,,i am still getting over the shock ,,,,,,my hair has always been a part of how i express my self !!!!!!!!!!!And im am scared to wear wigs because its hot and god for bid i get near water,,,im think a quick weave ????But i dont know if the glue will break my scalp out and i dont know a salon who specializes in Alopecia

Views: 19

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tiffany, You are not alone. I am a 26 year old African American living in Long Island, NY. I have had Alopecia since I was five. When I was a teenager I was able to wear weaves but now I have AT so I wear wigs. You can still express yourself through your hair whether you get a weave or wear a wig. In fact it is easier to change your look and express yourself by using a wig. I would recommend a lace front wig which is not hot at all. As to your question about the glue I never broke out from using it but that was awhile ago. Good luck with figuring out what you want to do and if you want to talk or have questions I'm here.
Hey i have had this experience as african america since i was 15 now 23 years old. I use to say i would never wear wigs and i just had a few patches at 15-20. So i would get a weave done or black glue/sewen which made my hair worst. Dont glue it will be a bigg mistake. I too hated wigs in the summer but i recently just found synethic lace front wigs in local beauty stores... the run from 50 - 60 dollars and they can last up to 3 month depending on how well you take care of it.That is a pic. of one i first bought AND the air gets through i dont have to wear a stockin cap. If i want to go to the pool i can tape it or glue it down(this glue works very well) .. works well .. my sisters and co-worker said i should have done that a long time ago. ..wish you the best.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service